Confirmed with Link: Johnny Hockey Signs with Columbus

Metalwood

Sep 30, 2021
Jonny takes less money to go to play in Columbus? Ouch... Who would he even play with there?

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
I remember Darryl Sutter insulting Johnny Hockey publicly so that could be the reason Gaudreau bolted.

I was shocked the Devils didn’t match or exceed Columbus’s offer.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Does this mean there is an issue in the organization?

Many have speculated about it over the years; is it a thing?

He left millions on the table and went to Ohio!

The whole "wants to be close to family" was bullshit.

This is a massive "f*** you" to the Flames Organization.

As an outside chiming in.

I always felt Gaudreau was a goner after he held out in 2016, especially after missing training camp and he got a lower contract than expected.

Do you guys feel this was in the back of his head? Because him leaving Calgary for a lower offer does seem like an 'FU' to management.

Reactions: Kelly

TheButcher90

Sep 19, 2019
That is a hard pill to swallow. I didnt expect that ! Seems like he wasnt honest with the organisation

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Says more about Johnny to me than the organization. If winning a cup is a top priority, he probably doesn't go to Columbus. Probably doesn't like the pressure of Canadian or big money markets. Doesn't want to be the guy, just wants to get paid like he is. Depending on what we do next, we're closer to a cup now than we would've been with Johnny@80 + million.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Calgarypuck with some seriously pathetic responses and attacks toward Johnny’s character.

Like… f***ing yikes. Some people need to go outside and get a grip from a fricken childrens game played by adults

Reactions: BRobMint

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Does this mean there is an issue in the organization?

Many have speculated about it over the years; is it a thing?

He left millions on the table and went to Ohio!

The whole "wants to be close to family" was bullshit.

This is a massive "f*** you" to the Flames Organization.
I totally empathize with you as a Jets fan and think it is an 'fu' to Canada unfortunately, we in Winnipeg have seen this happen far too often.

Reactions: Exlaxchronicles

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
If it's Columbus, It's an hour and half flight from Philly. That's decently close to home of he has to rush home for any reason. I could see that the claims were legit.

Reactions: Tofveve

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
c1a490ec7d659470e3b982e3bd12d84c.jpg

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
If NJ was going hard for him, I don't understand why he would pick Columbus over NJ. The insiders claimed NJ was offering a lot more. Out of the 2 organizations, NJ seems closer to being able to string something together. Columbus seems like the definition of mediocrity for the last while, outside of that one lucky run against Tampa bay in the playoffs a few years back.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
If NJ was going hard for him, I don't understand why he would pick Columbus over NJ. The insiders claimed NJ was offering a lot more. Out of the 2 organizations, NJ seems closer to being able to string something together. Columbus seems like the definition of mediocrity for the last while, outside of that one lucky run against Tampa bay in the playoffs a few years back.

It seems he has more friends on the CBJ roster than NJD roster?

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
It seems he has more friends on the CBJ roster than NJD roster?
What about his close personal friend, Dougie, on NJ. They could have visited all the art museums they could handle on the road

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad