Value of: Johnny Gaudreau!

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Hes a top 5 LW in the league, lets say he requests a trade out this off season, what is your teams best offer? We'd probably be looking at younger pieces that may just be starting in the bigs and an early pick ?
Top 6 pot Rhs C/RW
Top 4 pot Rhd
Top 10 pick
(MUST CONTAIN 2 OF THESE)
23-29 top 6 F(either fighting for a spot or fading out of their prime)
Or #3 D preferably Right handed since we have plenty of lefties.

G prospect thats looking like a 1A/B

Starting bid????

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Wait are you asking for 2 A prospect a top 6f a good not elite goalie prospect and a #3D for gaudreau?

no, the top 6/#3D are one or the other, im putting options that the Flames have as "Needs"
And im hoping to stop the 87 Johnny threads a week if theres a Value of thread for him.

Black Kevin

I don't work my ass off
Nov 19, 2019
Raleigh
Not even a top 10 LW in the league currently, but he's worth something, I guess.

Canes offer Trochek + Bean + 1st.

Ledge And Dairy

no, the top 6/#3D are one or the other, im putting options that the Flames have as "Needs"
And im hoping to stop the 87 Johnny threads a week if theres a Value of thread for him.
Thread concept makes sense to minimize the Gaudreau trade spam, I however find it pretty unlikely that he would request a trade and I doubt management has any plans of moving on from him yet.

Not even a top 10 LW in the league currently, but he's worth something, I guess.

Canes offer Trocheck + Bean + 1st.
Bean is a top 4 potential LD not RD, Trocheck has the same amount of term as Johnny. Decent offer but I think the term on Tro kinda kills it, if he had 1 more year I would consider it.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Ristolainen, Forward/Prospect & 1st BUF
for
Gaudreau

Gaudreau - - Eichel - - Olofsson
Skinner - Johansson - Reinhart

Reactions: LTIR

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Lol what are these asks? Actually laughed at the (MUST CONTAIN 2 OF THESE) as if this is a hostage negotiation rather than a trade negotiation. Also in your OP he also hypothetically asks for a trade. Why are you making these demands?

Reality is he has 2 years left on his contract and played to a 68 point pace this year. Nobody is giving up a combo of good young roster players, top prospects and top 10 picks.

Reactions: Ignite111

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Hes a top 5 LW in the league, lets say he requests a trade out this off season, what is your teams best offer? We'd probably be looking at younger pieces that may just be starting in the bigs and an early pick ?
Top 6 pot Rhs C/RW
Top 4 pot Rhd
Top 10 pick
(MUST CONTAIN 2 OF THESE)
23-29 top 6 F(either fighting for a spot or fading out of their prime)
Or #3 D preferably Right handed since we have plenty of lefties.

G prospect thats looking like a 1A/B

Starting bid????
Not a top 5. Better lower your expectations

Reactions: Linds

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
I think if the Flames can get a cheaper, younger top 7 centre like Trochek and another piece that is fair value. They can use the additional cap space for Hall.

Another way they can go is a three way trade to get Getzlaf with 50% retained and sign Hall.

... it seems a lot of Calgary's eggs are on signing Hall.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
HF at it's finest.

Johhny Gaudreau has a better point per game average over the past five seasons than Alexander Ovechkin does.. and that's including this past season where literally everything went wrong.

He is without a doubt a top 5 lw in the game, and one of the game's elite play drivers and point producers. GM's unlike the vast majority of you have the ability to assess a players worth based on a longer sample size than one shortened season. To say he has the value of a player "on pace for 68 points is ridiculous..

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Gaudreau's on ice shooting percentage was 2% lower than his average over the last 3 years and he shot about 6% lower than last season. Some of that was his doing, he played poorly from November until about February this season but I fully expect him to bounce back. He had 84 and 99 point seasons before this year I highly doubt he's now a 70 point player and on top of that he's always been the best player on his line, pairing him with a better player may get even more out of him.

I believe he would do well in the playoffs on a team where he didn't have to do all the hard work.

We don't want Ristolainen, our Agm made that very clear.

Reactions: CF84 and Nanuuk

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Not even a top 10 LW in the league currently

He was point per game in 2020 calendar year, despite only a 8% sh%.

He's got 241 points in his last 232 games over 3 seasons.

He leads all left wingers in even strength points since he entered the league.

He's done this with one of the worst top line centers in the league.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
He was point per game in 2020 calendar year, despite only a 8% sh%.

He's got 241 points in his last 232 games over 3 seasons.

He leads all left wingers in even strength points since he entered the league.

He's done this with one of the worst top line centers in the league.

HF is the epitome of what did you do for me lately....like the last shift.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Johnny G
for
J. Drouin + Brook

Drouin can play RW
Brook potential top 4 RD
Heck I'll even throw in one or two of our 4th round pics... We have enough as it is.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Johnny G
for
J. Drouin + Brook

Drouin can play RW
Brook potential top 4 RD
Heck I'll even throw in one or two of our 4th round pics... We have enough as it is.
Gaudreau can play RW as well. So can Tkachuk, Mangiapane, and Dube. The thing they all have in common with Drouin? Left hand shot. So no, if the Flames were to trade Gaudreau to Montreal it would be for Domi and Suzuki. We could probably add a pick or a prospect going back.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
We’re trending towards “soft and can’t do it against NhL Dmen” statements again. Pretty comical considering he is near PPG in the NHL.

he’s shown enough how he can dominate games on a fairly consistent basis. In b4 “bUt hE canT do PlaYoFFs”. One bad season and now he’s not even top 10 winger? Bs. bad season and still on pace for ~70p

Reactions: Schred

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Gaudreau can play RW as well. So can Tkachuk, Mangiapane, and Dube. The thing they all have in common with Drouin? Left hand shot. So no, if the Flames were to trade Gaudreau to Montreal it would be for Domi and Suzuki. We could probably add a pick or a prospect going back.

Id do something around Domi and the 8oa for sure.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Yeah there is nothing here remotely close to convincing me to trade Johnny.

Buffalo: Cozens must be involved to get us to the table. Piss off otherwise.
NJ: Both those 1sts this year are coming our way.
Canes: Honestly, nothing. Piss off.
MTL: Domi and the 8th is actually a good starting point, kudos. Original offer with Drouin- lol piss off.

2 years of Blake Coleman at a value cap hit got two 1sts (Foote and this year's pick.)

2 years of Johnny at a value cap hit is worth way more. There's also literally no reason for calgary to trade him before 2021 if someone's not paying through their nose. We would rather sign Hall and stack our top 6 with johnny in it if that's the case.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Not a top 5. Better lower your expectations

Go ahead name 5 LW who exceed Johnny in the last 3 Years(not 1 yeat or not 5 years, 3 years is fair for assessment of "top of the league") hes literally between 2nd-6th in most categories, beginning of the season different sports guys had him between 3rd-6th in the league, hes literally playing with a 1B C because Calgary doesn't have the fortunes of getting top 3 picks. Hes minimum #5 for LW's and thats across the league.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Well the premise is mainly to quit the Johnny to here, johnny to there johnny here or there, if we can bunch all of Johnnys threads into one main Johnny thread its not going to flood the main boards and I as a Flames fan am getting sick of the main boards getting 3+ threads a week for him.

If you're not willing to offer a Top prospect + a high first round and a roster lower tier player for a top line player that has 2 full years and will most likely sign with any team that's close to home, you're delusional.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad