Confirmed with Link: Johnathan Kovacevic 3 years 766k

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
This guy will see game time this year. He had a good season last year, is a Right handed shot and a perfect press box guy to collect a pay cheque and fill in when needed. It looks more and more like one of Heinola Samberg start with moose unless Dillon gets traded as they can’t sit in press box and need to play.

Reactions: Huffer and surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
This guy will see game time this year. He had a good season last year, is a Right handed shot and a perfect press box guy to collect a pay cheque and fill in when needed. It looks more and more like one of Heinola Samberg start with moose unless Dillon gets traded as they can’t sit in press box and need to play.

He very well may get the PB spot and get into 30 plus games imo.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
He very well may get the PB spot and get into 30 plus games imo.
The Jets had a good record with 7 d-men last year, that would be a good spot for him, a few minutes here, a few minutes on the PK.

Going the Tucker Poolman route, taking a long time to get to the show...congrats to Johnny K on working hard to earn his promotion.

Reactions: Buffdog

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I like this contract at league minimum for 3 years. This great value to fill out the Roster with a low contract on defence. #7-8 in press box player.

Jets carry 23 man Rooster 🐓
-13 forwards
-2 goalies
- 8 defence

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Good for the press box, should be 9th-10th in line to get ice time but will probably be 7th.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Good for the press box, should be 9th-10th in line to get ice time but will probably be 7th.
I don't think you sign a guy like that to a 2 way contract for 2 years if you think he's your #7. He gets a decent minors salary of $150k, then $250k for those years. Good chance he goes through waivers unclaimed. Capobianco might have a better chance of getting picked up. Right now Stanley is #7 and the Jets are probably happy with that, after 2 years of Beaulieu in that spot. Even if Dillon gets moved, Stanley is still probably #7.

I think Kovacevic is still ahead of Gawanke on the depth chart, but 9-10 is where he probably fits. And he probably gets more than 4 games this season.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
I don't think you sign a guy like that to a 2 way contract for 2 years if you think he's your #7. He gets a decent minors salary of $150k, then $250k for those years. Good chance he goes through waivers unclaimed. Capobianco might have a better chance of getting picked up. Right now Stanley is #7 and the Jets are probably happy with that, after 2 years of Beaulieu in that spot. Even if Dillon gets moved, Stanley is still probably #7.

I think Kovacevic is still ahead of Gawanke on the depth chart, but 9-10 is where he probably fits. And he probably gets more than 4 games this season.
Probably even more now that he is a Les Hab. Lost potential future for Jets. Hope Mtl is "thankful', eh.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Probably even more now that he is a Les Hab. Lost potential future for Jets. Hope Mtl is "thankful', eh.
From a Canadiens standpoint, I had to look at it to make sure I was telling the truth, but they drafted Josh Brook and Scott Walford as defensemen after the Jets took Samberg, and before the Jets took Kovacevic, for a combined 0 NHL games, and now they are picking off low hanging fruit, while demoting Justin Barron to the A. So I think it's a case of one team's good drafting benefitting another's teams failures. I remember Mike Bossy saying if you haven't made the NHL by your 3rd year of playing pro, you're probably not a top prospect anymore.
It's a good opportunity for Kovacevic which was much more of a dogfight to get here. Who knows maybe he'll be back with the Moose by the end of the year.

Reactions: RabidOne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad