Movies: John Wick Chapter 3

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Also just wanted to say that I saw this last night and I woke up today almost forgetting I saw it

It’s a movie that serves its purpose of 2 hours of
Mindless entertainment but offers little else

The motorcycle scene was not believable in any way even for John Wick standards

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Also just wanted to say that I saw this last night and I woke up today almost forgetting I saw it

It’s a movie that serves its purpose of 2 hours of
Mindless entertainment but offers little else

The motorcycle scene was not believable in any way even for John Wick standards
Guess we will have to disagree.

Great action movie that totally entertained and indeed the fanboying of Zero was great. Also was pleasently surprised with Halle Berry, she did the same training as Keanu. I jus t hope this does not cause an increase of people getting Belgian Malinois wanting to have attack dogs like in the movie.

Can't wait for Chapter 4.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Probably one of my favourite action movies of all time. The fights were incredible so many memorable moments.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I finally watched the first two movies of this series over the weekend. Loved them. Hoping to see this at some point this week now.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Just saw it. Did not disappoint. May have even exceeded expectations.

Did anyone pick upon on The Good,the Bad and The Ugly throwback scene with the Remmington Colt .45 in the antique shop?

Good catch. I also picked up on two homages to classic Arnie films as well. The first one was more indirect, that being anytime you ride a horse through a city in an action movie, True Lies is gonna come to mind. The second one, with Zero doing almost an exact mirror (pun intended) of the T-1000 finger wag, was unmistakable.

Reactions: kingsfan28

Puck

Ninja
Jun 10, 2003
Ottawa
I'm a big John Wick fan but I was a tad disappointed in the 3rd installment. Don't get me wrong, it's good entertainment, the fight choreography is great, I like the Wick universe, but....I also did not like the open ending again, to be continued. That's a cheap hook. They can still do that but end that specific story arc better, like many other serial adventures do. I still love Keanu Reeves and the Wick series (the first two more), but my ongoing appreciation for the sequels is starting to wane. The mindless part of the story used to make me laugh, but now it isn't. I think that's an overall sign of tiredness setting in. I'll watch it again in a few months, see if I missed something, but I don't think so. One should not overthink on Wick, I think that's a mistake, you just go with the flow. But the flow was starting to overstretch in no. 3.

Puck

Ninja
Jun 10, 2003
Ottawa
The action is top notch. I agree with the homage or tributes to other films, that is well done. Keanu Reeves is great. What is starting to weigh on me is the script or lack thereof. At first it did not matter IMHO. In fact at first I liked the simplicity of the storyline in the first films. But as the film sequels get deeper into that universe and story, the simple script suffers at that point. Part of me doesn't care about a well scripted storyline (the holes and inconsistencies) in this project, I guess that was part of the fun at first, but I admit it's starting to weigh on me. Maybe I should give my head a shake though and just accept it. There is enough in there to like, but I still would like to see stronger writing (because I like the series, not because I don't).

Puck

Ninja
Jun 10, 2003
Ottawa
Zero (Mark Dacascos) stole the show in this movie.

Obviously the action and killing was turned up a notch. But the comedy as well. Several laugh out loud moments.
I didn't recognize Dacascos at first (older and bald now). Younger, he played The Crow in the old cult classic (the better series, the one I liked).

I thought a lot of actors did well in the limited supporting roles they had. However the weakest performance IMHO was Taghanaoui as The Elder. For some reason I could not buy into that one.

The symbolism in the library fight scene was a hoot. Words can kill.

Last edited:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
finally saw it

loved how they went all in with the world building and embracing how ridiculous it can be at times. the action sequences were incredible. was worried id be let down after the hype but it lived up for me

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I couldn't get into it and ended up bailing at around the 30 minute mark

The fight sequences just don't do it for me, and there isn't much of a story line to make up for it

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Better than the second, plot, as it is, was a bit easier to follow this time and action scenes were better. They are getting to be more and more ridiculous though, what with the constant aimbot shots and Wick surviving everything. It's close to reaching a point where they're going to have to stop taking anything seriously anymore and go Deadpoolish type route. Nice touch with the Thai duo (I could swear I saw them in The Raid movie(s) ) where they showed respect to Wick and Wick repaid by not killing them. I would rank this probably the best. 8.9/10

Reactions: SeidoN

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Better than the second, plot, as it is, was a bit easier to follow this time and action scenes were better. They are getting to be more and more ridiculous though, what with the constant aimbot shots and Wick surviving everything. It's close to reaching a point where they're going to have to stop taking anything seriously anymore and go Deadpoolish type route. Nice touch with the Thai duo (I could swear I saw them in The Raid movie(s) ) where they showed respect to Wick and Wick repaid by not killing them. I would rank this probably the best. 8.9/10
The long-haired one is in both Raid movies, the short haired one is in The Raid 2.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Weakest of the three. Started off well, and as expected. But that whole fanboi thing they did near the end with Zero and his men was ridiculous. He could, and should have been killed numerous times.

Halle Berry also sucked. And the scenes with her were pretty bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad