Speculation: John Tortorella

DeflatedFootball7

Jul 9, 2011
Nanaimo
Were not the only Atlantic team below expectations this year, and if Torts gets the can from the Rangers, would anyone be interested in bringing him in as a Lavy replacement? Or is it just me? I really think he could push this team.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Were not the only Atlantic team below expectations this year, and if Torts gets the can from the Rangers, would anyone be interested in bringing him in as a Lavy replacement? Or is it just me? I really think he could push this team.

Doesn't seem like a great fit for our team's personnel.

snoop88

Apr 15, 2012
enough with the retread former Cup winning coaches.

Other than Scotty Bowman, no one wins Cups with multiple teams. No one.

Find the next great coach.

RJ8812*

enough with the retread former Cup winning coaches.

Other than Scotty Bowman, no one wins Cups with multiple teams. No one.

Find the next great coach.

Just like European Captains never win the cup

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Doesn't seem like a great fit for our team's personnel.

Why? I think he'd be great. He's a guy who seems to be a 'greater than the sum of its parts' coach. That's perfect for our D. With Lavi, we need a #1 guy to be the go to. With Torts, I think he can implement a system that builds off of our strong defensive guys (Coburn, Schenn, Grossmann).

snoop88

Apr 15, 2012
fine,

hire Torts

and then continue the lazy trend of trading and signing a bunch of players who have Stanley Cup Finals experience.

and we'll continue to build on our 37 year Cup drought. while other organizations build teams the right way.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It would be worth it for the media interaction alone.

JagerPuck

Jun 6, 2008
NJ
No part of Tortorella in Philadelphia ever.. ever.. ever. Would rather have Guy Boucher.. or Lindy Ruff. Basically anyone but Tortorella.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ

Yes, please. I liked him since his time with Tampa - he is an old school coach - not afraid to go nuts. I was hoping the Flyers replaced Stevens with him but instead we got Lavy.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Why the hell not... :D

But he's gotta give a new conference and talk about "jam"
thicon_lol.gif
thicon_lol.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad