John Tortorella & Danny Briere Flyers end of the season press conference

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Told youse Risto was trying to get back
I believe you. His last game was Feb 10th.

"That's why you don't rush into those decisions. Usually, surgery has to be the last option because there's so many things that can go wrong with that. So if you have a chance to rehab, for the longevity of players, it's just safer to try to rehab."

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I thought the thinking around here was makes no sense to spend money on free agency when they are so far away from competing.
Which is fine but they talk about needing talent...

Where is the talent coming from besides a prayer that they can get that type of player drafting mid round? It's not in the pipeline sans Michkov. It's not on the roster at the moment. So what's the plan?

They are hoping that "time" is what gets them what they need.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

Where is the talent coming from besides a prayer that they can get that type of player drafting mid round? It's not in the pipeline sans Michkov. It's not on the roster at the moment. So what's the plan?

I could see them trading Frost and whatever to upgrade the C position. I hope they don’t give up on Ersson but I would not be shocked if they did.
I don’t think Atkinson should be back next year but he’s a Torts guy.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Johansen played 10:58 on March 4th

Traded to the Flyers on March 6th

Never played hockey again?

I could see them trading Frost and whatever to upgrade the C position. I hope they don’t give up on Ersson but I would not be shocked if they did.
I don’t think Atkinson should be back next year but he’s a Torts guy.
Briere loves Ersson. Can't see him going anywhere.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Johansen played 10:58 on March 4th

Traded to the Flyers on March 6th

Never played hockey again?

Briere loves Ersson. Can't see him going anywhere.
Can Briere be “persuaded” by others in his ear if you know what I mean.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

Briere identified several young players and prospects as having made good to great progress over the past season. Interestingly, he singled out Farabee and Cates as not having advanced as much as they had hoped. It was Cates as the second one, right?

He elaborated on Barkey and Bonk as being in the right place to flesh out their games, and even said that Grans stepped up.

Reactions: BiggE

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
"to them" must be included in parentheses because this is the fundamental disconnect. We are looking at completely different objectives and routes to success as the Flyers FO.

There is something intricately disgusting about knowing they view the Islanders making the playoffs as justification for their "build from the 4th line out" lusts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad