John Tortorella & Danny Briere Flyers end of the season press conference

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I just tuned in to hear Tortorella say that there would be no hugging on this team and emphasized his way of building a team, and if the FO didn't like it they could show him the door. And then he walked off. Was that the official end of the PC or is this an "I'll be in my trailer" moment from Tortorella?

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
"probably not gonna throw a lot of money at a free agent"

"if there's a trade that makes sense/hockey trade we are open for business"

Canfly

Nov 25, 2016
Same crap coming out of the mouths of this front office no matter who is in there.
How the hell do you keep your PP coach and think that it is going to be any better. I did not think that Danny should have been named GM but I thought that he would be better at his duties than this.

Also you have to look into free agency if a center or #1 D-man is available.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Glad that Briere now said that he didn't expect Hathaway or Poehling to be available also (to go along side with Staal). You don't need to say these things outloud. If you're the GM of a professional sports franchise you should have a grasp of what's possible.
Hathaway and Poehling are both signed next year. Is he talking about their health?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Glad that Briere now said that he didn't expect Hathaway or Poehling to be available also (to go along side with Staal). You don't need to say these things outloud. If you're the GM of a professional sports franchise you should have a grasp of what's possible.

Oh and he's very happy with the entire coaching staff.

They're f***ed.

I am once again not surprised that the management group which made no changes except promoting the architect of the Deslauriers signing is the same as it's always been

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad