John Tavares

Status
Not open for further replies.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Okay, this thread is long overdue but I can't express how much appreciation I have for Johnny! :handclap:

John Tavares has been spending plenty of time at home in Toronto working his way back from the knee injury that ended his season during the Olympics. So he's heard the rumblings about his supposed unhappiness with the Islanders' direction and that, halfway through his six-year, $33-million contract, the team's captain is ready to ask out.

"I signed six years because I wanted to be here. There's no part of me that wants to leave," Tavares told Newsday during Monday's breakup day. "I think [the talk] is a product of the team not winning and the perception around here from other markets is always a lot different from what actually happens. I know we've still got some great things we can accomplish here and my mind-set hasn't changed."
"I'm excited to come back next year and I've always loved being here."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...385?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Last edited:

Nikolai Koolaidman

Mar 7, 2014
We would be in Kansas city or Canada if it wasn't for him. I think he is the savior of this franchise. He is the perfect superstar and with all the stuff he does for the team on and off the ice is unbelievable. This is why we cant defer the pick and suck next year. Snow has to do whatever he realistically can to make us into a playoff team. He has done so much for us on and off the ice we need to pay him back and start winning.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
We have a GREAT captain and face of our Franchise. I take so much pride in the isles because if him.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Basically Johnny told Dreger and everyone else to SUCK IT!

In terms of injuries, glad to hear that no one has a serious injury. I thought CdH may have had a knee injury, happy to hear it's a high ankle sprain so no structural damage. Visnovsky is concerning though, I don't think we can really count on him next year and I hope Snow goes with that assumption.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Tavares is my hero. If there is anyone around here with some visual art skills, I always wanted to see one of those Obama "HOPE" pictures with JT's face and Isles colors. I have no talent otherwise I'd give it a try.

Somebody work some magic.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Suck it Dreger. No one needs to hear you try and spin your dream into speculation.

Thanks Johnny!

scott99

May 13, 2005
One of the classiest players in the NHL, also a great leader of the Islanders. Has also jumped into the elite of the NHL, 3rd in the NHL MVP vote last season, and WAS 3rd in scoring when he got hurt. I have no doubt he will continue his climb to hockey greatness. Butchie said he will lead the league in scoring one year, I truly believe that can happen. What a great player and great person. The Hockey Gods blessed us in June 2009.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
pretty sure there is no other athelete i will love and respect in my lifetime more than JT. Words just dont do justice. The guy is such a leader and has a great head on his shoulders

Laoghaire

Jun 1, 2008
Ottawa
People on the Sens board are discussing deals for Tavares like Spezza, Cowen and two 1sts. Go shut that down.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
People on the Sens board are discussing deals for Tavares like Spezza, Cowen and two 1sts. Go shut that down.

We're used to it, Ottawa fans are the least of our worries. We have Toronto fans always daydreaming of getting Tavares, we have Buffalo fans dreaming of McDavid with our pick, we have Philly fans telling us how crappy our organization is because we didn't want Streit and AMac back... we have tons of issues to pick on.

Laoghaire

Jun 1, 2008
Ottawa
We're used to it, Ottawa fans are the least of our worries. We have Toronto fans always daydreaming of getting Tavares, we have Buffalo fans dreaming of McDavid with our pick, we have Philly fans telling us how crappy our organization is because we didn't want Streit and AMac back... we have tons of issues to pick on.
Yeah but I don't care about your problems. Go fix mine.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland

When it's on our board, it's really annoying. When it's on the main boards, it's somewhat annoying. When it's on your board... I really could care less.

BossyMVP

Die SABRES die
Jun 27, 2011
Long Island
Jeter leaves NY and JT is right there to replace him as my savior. Now we just need the rest of the "Core Four" to play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad