John Tavares response when asked why he did not meet with Montreal prior to July 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Why is this thread worthy?

What kind of discussion did you think this would generate when you created the thread?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
It's crazy how Montreal didn't even get a meeting with him. I remember habs fans penciled him into their lineup and they didn't even get a chance to speak with him

Reactions: LeafsNation75

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Because it shows how dumb the Montreal media is to ask him that question, when they should have looked at the Canadiens roster as to why Tavares did not want to meet with them.

Regards of your feelings on the matter, it still wasn't thread worthy.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I actually love his response though. So he didn't pick this team, or meet with that team. Too bad! His job isn't to make every team in the league feel warm and fuzzy by meeting with them and giving them a chance. He's doing what's best for him.

Honestly, he made a great choice in Toronto. A very wise choice. He and that team are going places.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I wish he would have just answered honestly. "I want to play for a contender...some teams interested in me are not contenders, so I wasn't overly interested in playing for them."

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It's crazy how Montreal didn't even get a meeting with him. I remember habs fans penciled him into their lineup and they didn't even get a chance to speak with him
It's even crazier how last year prior to training camp Marc Bergevin said he would love to sign Tavares when asked about him by the Montreal media, even though he had 1 year left with the Islanders and you could say that might have been tampering.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Why is this thread worthy?

What kind of discussion did you think this would generate when you created the thread?
Hilarious jokes about wingers playing center in Montreal, defensemen playing center in montreal, and centers playing wing in Montreal!

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
It's even crazier how last year prior to training camp Marc Bergevin said he would love to sign Tavares when asked about him by the Montreal media, even though he had 1 year left with the Islanders and you could say that might have been tampering.
I don't think thats tampering. Anyhoo, another 5 star thread from a leafs fan.

Reactions: sabremike

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Get your shot straight it was molson who said that and it was a question from a media where he answered of course they are always looking to sign good players as UFA and then he mentioned a guy like tavares possibly going ufa.

Everybody knows it wasn’t right.

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Montrealers live in their own little media bubble and this is another great example that hilights this.

While the Tavares sweepstakes was on and his destination was undetermined I posted that the craziest funniest thing in all this is the Montreal media and fans thinking they're in the mix. That was the comic relief on the sideline through the entire ordeal. It was abundantly ridiculous then...it's as ridiculous today.

Montreal would have been the worst possible decision for both hockey and personal reasons.

Reactions: LeafsNation75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad