The Players' Tribune: John Scott on his ASG selection

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Love Scott, NHL is looking pretty bad here

As, John Scott ASG shirts are sold out and jerseys are amongst best sellers. Dont tell to the ASG hard liners who insisted he was voted in by a couple internet trolls (unless the trolls are spending thousands are buying shirts and extending the joke)

Sensation

Apr 27, 2009
Cary, NC
"So when someone from the NHL calls me and says, 'Do you think this is something your kids would be proud of?'"

**** the NHL

Oct 18, 2011
NHL was behind a trade that immediately saw a guy have to move from arizona to newfoundland, with a wife about to give birth to twins

stay classy gary

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
That was an awesome read.

Where the **** does the league get off telling a father what his kids will be proud of? That's disgusting. Really makes you feel for the guy.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Confirms what we already know, that the NHL was scummy about this.

If they don't want a guy like Scott there, make selections standards that prevent guys like him from going. Don't take it out on the player because you didn't think things through. Make the change for next year, suck it up this year.

1990*

Love it. He absolutely pummeled Maloney and the league like they were just another main card draw. Only this time, he used his words instead of his fists.

Scott knows the lengths the NHL went to as a whole in order to keep him out, and he will be damned if he lets them bully him. If this is indeed his last gasp at the bigs, I'm glad he went out doing what he does best- swinging.

I can't wait for the "you're all conspiracy theorists lololoL!!!" crowd to read this. Alas, you can't debate the facts- no matter how much Gary-flavored Kool-Aid you slurp down.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
This really needs to be highlighted:

It means a lot to my family.

So when someone from the NHL calls me and says, “Do you think this is something your kids would be proud of?â€

… That’s when they lost me.

Good for John and the fans to stick it to them after knowing this happened.

Hockey Monkey

Oct 4, 2011
This whole thing has made the NHL look like it is run by Mr Burns or a really incompetent mafiosi or something

LOOK MR SCOTT, YOU WOULDNT WANT TO RUIN THE ALL STAR GAME WOULD YOU

HOWS THE FAMILY BY THE WAY

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
How could anyone *not* be rooting for John Scott at this point? I'll gladly enjoy watching a guy who genuinely wants nothing more than to be playing in that game.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Great read

"So when someone from the NHL calls me and says, 'Do you think this is something your kids would be proud of?'"

**** the NHL

Yeah, the NHL really looks like **** here. That's pretty messed up, using his children to try and guilt him out of playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad