John Scott calls Predators’ P.K. Subban ‘a piece of garbage’ (on the ice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It's unfortunate people have to go here. How about he's just really annoying?? I've seen him play countless times and his dramatics and countless overreactions is something I hate in hockey. Some people don't like that behavior

He's an amazing talent and possibly a fantastic person off the ice. But there are many reasons to dislike his behavior other then racism. Very sad and irresponsible presumption to those doing it

If the shoe doesn't fit...don't try it on.

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
maxresdefault.jpg

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Any respect I had for Scott is gone. Book sales must be slow. If you can't speak up during your playing career (such as it was), post-retirement isn't the time. How many times did he actually lace up and play against PK? How much time did he spend in a locker room with PK to form an informed opinion of what PK thinks of other players?

John's a joke, and a bad one at that.

Mar 14, 2015
John Scott is currently in an interview on 91.9 here in Quebec. That comment was literally taken out of context, in an interview 1.5 years ago. He said back then that he hated playing against him because PK was doing spectacular stuff on the ice and then rubbing in on his opponent's face with the way he celebrates, high fiving, etc. They removed most of his comment and only kept the part that he hated him. He's literally on the radio atm saying he is a wonderful player and person, just that he didn't like playing against him.

"I think he's a worldclass player. I also think he's an awesome guy. I think he's gonna win the Stanley cup".

Whoever release that fake news is an a$$hole.

//Thread

Spade

Resident Tool
Mar 12, 2014
Digging a Hole
Maybe John Scott shouldn't have called him a piece of garbage 1.5 years ago, then?

On the ice. I think John's just being honest. I'd take that as a compliment if your opponents hate playing against you that much.

Considering John acknowledges that he likes P.K. as a person, I think this should be a non-story, but it's done that social media thing where it caught fire and so I think it'll continue to be a misinformed piece of info.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015

He said that it was said two years ago after a game or something. He explained it in this video.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I mean, I'm a little cynical, but is there anyone alive these days that doesn't realize that social media stays around forever? Like, maybe, if you don't mean something, don't say it? Or qualify the **** out of it.

It's not like this is 1989 and the internet means 2 hour downloads of one really cute cat picture.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Any respect I had for Scott is gone. Book sales must be slow. If you can't speak up during your playing career (such as it was), post-retirement isn't the time. How many times did he actually lace up and play against PK? How much time did he spend in a locker room with PK to form an informed opinion of what PK thinks of other players?

John's a joke, and a bad one at that.

I'm guessing you did not bother to read the whole thread to figure out what this was about eh? It was a quote from years ago, clipped out of a larger interview that gave it some context. But sure... carry on.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
John Scott is currently in an interview on 91.9 here in Quebec. That comment was literally taken out of context, in an interview 1.5 years ago. He said back then that he hated playing against him because PK was doing spectacular stuff on the ice and then rubbing in on his opponent's face with the way he celebrates, high fiving, etc. They removed most of his comment and only kept the part that he hated him. He's literally on the radio atm saying he is a wonderful player and person, just that he didn't like playing against him.

"I think he's a worldclass player. I also think he's an awesome guy. I think he's gonna win the Stanley cup".

Please add this to the OP.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

He said that it was said two years ago after a game or something. He explained it in this video.

This should be in the OP. Honestly, I think it should be added for context and then this should be locked.

It's fake news designed to cause mud slinging and I think it's been too successful already. Let's not feed that troll any longer.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Why don't we call a spade a spade? The reason Subban catching so much flak is because of his skin color. For that reason i hope he wins the Cup.

Yeah because everyone said the same things about Anson Carter and Mike Grier and George Laroque and Wayne Simmonds and Dustin Byfuglien and Joel Ward and Jarome Iginla and...and...

Maybe he just rubs people the wrong way and therefore some people don't care for him? Not everyone is consumed by race.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
“I don’t like him. I think on the ice, he’s a piece of garbage,†Scott said on ESPN’s E:60 video documentary. “Perceived as like a hot shot, this guy thinks he’s better than everybodyâ€

Gee John, thats because he is better then just about everybody.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Why don't we call a spade a spade? The reason Subban catching so much flak is because of his skin color. For that reason i hope he wins the Cup.

Disagree. He catches so much flak because theres no one else like him in hockey, hes incredibly cocky (on and off the ice) and because he shows intense emotion, which all of Canada has been told isnt the thing a proper hockey player does.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley

In other words, the press is actually the problem here.

People wonder why most press interviews are boring. It's precisely because the press can quote out of context and then the little sheep readers jump the gun on that one line. An athlete who is too frank will be devoured soon enough.

Bump:

He actually like the guy. He explained the situation on TSN 690. Scott calls him a fun guy and a world class player.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/john-scott-on-the-ice-i-don-t-like-pk-subban-1.764313
Resolved. Besides, this is not playoffs talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad