John Ramage (Team USA Captain)

*OvechKiN*

Nov 29, 2005
Being a Flames Fan, we have little to look forward to in our prospect pool lately.
Although I am more optimistic than most others and think that it is better than it looks, I do however understand that we do not have a Taylor Hall or Brayden Schenn coming up. I am still anticipating Pelech, Negrin, Brodie and Erixon to have one hell of a battle this coming training camp. John Ramage however, I didn't even care much about until I found out he was named Captain of the American team.
Drafted in the 4th Round in 2010.

A Heart and Soul player who apparently blocks anything he can get in the way of.
Is there reason for optimism here?

Hockeys Future Analysis:
"Ramage is a defensive defenseman who plays with an edge. He thrives on the physical side of the game, and with some added size and strength, could become a more dominating player for opponents to contend with. Like the rest of Wisconsin’s defensive unit, Ramage possesses great puck-moving ability. He displays good poise, patience and makes very good outlet passes. Although he may never post many points, Ramage does have some offensive upside to his game."

He currently has 8 points in 20 games (not bad for a defensive defensemen) in the WCHA. For the people who see him play more often than I do (which is never), can you weigh in on what the Flames have in our hands?

Very much appreciated.

Last edited:

Ryan English

@ryanenglish_FC
Nov 14, 2010
Halifax, NS
i was blown away he didnt get taken until the 4th round last year after his performance at the WJC's and i dont know what exactly held him back (there could be deficiencies i didnt notice) but it appears the flames have a potential steal on their hands!

R S

Sep 18, 2006
He gave a brutal interview on TSN today, that's all I know.

FytinSioux

Blackhawksssssss
Nov 30, 2009
ND
You're so wrong. Every time the puck is on his stick it moves.

Yes, yes it does. This is because he can't skate. He has terrible skating form. He isn't, and won't be a puck moving defensemen. He also turns the puck over quite a bit, see the Germany game. He has a good defensive stick in the d-zone, and knows when to play the body or use that stick. As said before, good a blocking shots.

Sammy*

Poor skater. Got picked where he should have.
In all liklihood a career ECHL'r or if he improves his skating, might have a decent career in the A

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I noticed him last year while scouting Wisconsin's amazing D corps in the frozen four. He was the only one left to have not been drafted, and the other 5 were either 1st or 2nd round picks i believe.

He looks like a future bottom pairing guy. Not big, not a great skater, but pretty smart.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Yes, yes it does. This is because he can't skate. He has terrible skating form. He isn't, and won't be a puck moving defensemen. He also turns the puck over quite a bit, see the Germany game. He has a good defensive stick in the d-zone, and knows when to play the body or use that stick. As said before, good a blocking shots.

Here's the joke *

Here's your head *

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad