John Moore...

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
...I'm looking for any information on this kid. I know he's eligible in '09 and is leading the USHL in scoring amongst defenseman. I know he can skate, and score(at least at the USHL level), but I'd love any other information I can get. Where is he going to play next season? How does he compare to John Carlson, at this time last season? Strengths, weaknesses, projections, comparisons, reports, anything at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

X-SHARKIE

I love this kid. At McKeen's we have him ranked 15th overall for the 2009 draft. His strength is definitley his skating, his mobility is exceptional. I remember watching back in midget and he was 5-foot-9, last year with the Steel he was 6-foot-0, now he's 6-foot-3.

This kid is the real deal.

rt

May 13, 2004
I love this kid. At McKeen's we have him ranked 15th overall for the 2009 draft. His strength is definitley his skating, his mobility is exceptional. I remember watching back in midget and he was 5-foot-9, last year with the Steel he was 6-foot-0, now he's 6-foot-3.

You can really see it in his pictures, too!

John%20Moore%20for%20web_small.jpg

vs.

http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/playerpage.html?playerid=1408626&seasonid=3192

It's like he aged five years in twelve months.

rt

May 13, 2004
Redline sure likes him...

We had another look at USHL top-prospect John Moore recently for a two-game weekend series and he certainly didn't disappoint. The 6-3, 195-pound mobile rearguard for Chicago blew us away with a dominating performance against Des Moines, netting a natural hat trick in leading the Steel to a 5-1 win. Moore scored in all manners, with one each on the power play, short-handed and at even strength.

Two years ago, Moore was playing a second year of minor midget with the Chicago Mission and was just 5-9/155 before shooting up to 6-0 last season and making his hometown Steel. He's got unbelievably good feet, four-way mobility and a knack for jumping into the play at the right time. While he has to work on his decisions (always looking to run-and-gun with the puck and at times being the first man in on the forecheck, even while on the penalty kill) and refine his D-zone play, the tools are just too good to deny.

Even the following evening against the USHL's top team, Indiana, Moore played very well despite not hitting the score sheet in a 3-2 loss. The weekend's performance solidifies our belief that Moore is a definite rising star in this year's draft and is a sure-fire first-round prospect.

Rising:

John Moore— Big defender is coming on like a freight train and has the physical tools to move into the upper echelon of this draft class.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/columnist/woodlief/2008-12-22-red-line_N.htm

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown

Jake Gardiner-like mobility X?

Who does he compare to stylistically?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad