Larry Brooks: John Moore signs one-year deal at $850,500

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
i remember at one time hearing repeatedly how Chris Kreider was going to bust because of how hockey stupid he is.

Tell me, how do you think this team looks w/o him going into next season.

Hockey IQ is often used as "the reason" a player stinks when you cant easily point to something.

hes not fast enough, or hes not big enough.

cant use those reasons? he must be hockey dumb.

sometimes, its just because a kid hasnt quite figured his role out, his own abilities, etc.

I dont think John Moore is hockey stupid. Ive seen plenty of players that are obviously dumb as can be on the ice...ive seen Ryan Callahan make some very very VERY dumb blind passes that come back the other way, but because hes willing to dive in front of pucks head first nobody calls him hockey stupid...

I think John Moore is a solid 3rd pairing defenseman. And if he figures out everything he could potentially be a 2nd pair defenseman.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Last year John Moore lost weight going into Training Camp by recommendation of the Rangers so that his speed would increase. When he did that, he realized he was behind as far as strength when fighting for pucks in the corners, etc. I expect a better John Moore this year with another off-season of training.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
this kid has a great stride. smooth and effortless. another guy whos faster with the puck. wheels like that have big time value.

he has a good low hard shot and the ability to play 2 way in all zones.

hes young and hes learning. defensively hes inconsistent which is what most young players are. he sat in the scf some and was passed over on shifts but we were trailing so that expected.

hes one of my "breakout" guys this year along with kreider and hagelin. all 3 of these guys are "core" players and will make great strides this season. john moore has the ability to score 5-8 goals for this team if he gets any pp time at all.

a great bargain for an effective player with upside.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I thought DZ was going to turn into a great player but his game was going nowhere. Too big a contract for a player that much of a liability in his own end.

The Rangers have control of Moore's future. He's not costing them much. With his current contract the Rangers can afford to let him keep developing for at least another couple years. For now he's a very acceptable 3rd pairing defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad