Phil Kessel career S%: 10.5

Matt Frattin career S%: 13.0

Phil Kessel career GPG: .355

Matt Frattin career GPG: .224

Phil Kessel career goals: 168

Matt Frattin career goals: 15

Phil Kessel career games: 473

Matt Frattin career games: 67

Please, tell me how Matt Frattin is the better scorer here.....oh and Kessel is a whopping 3 months and 1 day older than Frattin.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Phil Kessel career S%: 10.5

Matt Frattin career S%: 13.0

Phil Kessel career GPG: .355

Matt Frattin career GPG: .224

Phil Kessel career goals: 168

Matt Frattin career goals: 15

Phil Kessel career games: 473

Matt Frattin career games: 67

Please, tell me how Matt Frattin is the better scorer here.....oh and Kessel is a whopping 3 months and 1 day older than Frattin.

I said this season. not in general

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
This plus Phaneuf, Grabovski, and Kessel if we can get a lot for him.

Time to turn the page on these stiffs.

Yeah let's dump three of our best players, including our captain and one of the best offensive wingers in the league. Might work for your NHL13 team buddy but in real life....:shakehead

Let me guess, you are another one of those guys who never wants to get better and just horde draft picks. My advice is become a Columbus fan.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Grabo's contract will be very difficult to move.

If Phaneuf wants over 4M/year then deal him too. At 6.5M he is WAY overpaid. 3.5-4M tops for him.

You are aware Dion was 12th in D scoring last year ? What do you think the other guys in the top 15 get payed ? I will wager not many make less than 5 Mil and those that do are probable very young players.

I love how you guys see a couple unproven players playing well for 15 games and suddenly all the proven good players are expendable.

Sproo

Jul 3, 2008
Vancouver
Doesn't matter if they are snipes or not. This season Matt Frattin has a better shot then Phil Kessel. Stats don't lie.

True, but only picking sample sizes that suit your needs pretty much flies in the face of an honest and truthful inquiry.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Im always on board with packaging him out and allowing Gardiner to usher himself in. I feel as though Liles played swell last year..but as mentioned above he hasn't been played to much

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
what I hate about this board is that these random dick wads come in and say 'lets trade kessel and phaneuf' all over a bad slump.

DaveT83*

what I hate about this board is that these random dick wads come in and say 'lets trade kessel and phaneuf' all over a bad slump.

Dickweeds are the homers that make every excuse in the world why Phil Kessel is an integral part of this teams success. Then want to trade every other player thats ever played in organization in an attempt to find additonal players to help facilitate Phil Kessels offensive production because he's unable to carry any load whatsoever himself - then they want to lock him up at 8.5M over 10 years -

Liles - good player - awful contract - another winner for Brian Burke.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Im always on board with packaging him out and allowing Gardiner to usher himself in. I feel as though Liles played swell last year..but as mentioned above he hasn't been played to much

Perhaps Detroit or Vancouver would be good trading partners.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington

Except people who say things like that don't just stop there, but actually go on to explain themselves using rational thoughts.

What you are pretty well saying is that you hate when people have an opinion. Newsflash, this is a discussion board. Lots of people have one.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Yeah let's dump three of our best players, including our captain and one of the best offensive wingers in the league. Might work for your NHL13 team buddy but in real life....:shakehead

Let me guess, you are another one of those guys who never wants to get better and just horde draft picks. My advice is become a Columbus fan.

First of all, he's a terrible captain and player for the money he's being payed and likely will be asking for next contract.

Second, Phil Kessel is no where close to being one of the top wingers in the league.

Third, I dont play video games.

Fourth, I want to get better with young players like Frattin and Kadri. Draft picks don't win you games but they become prospects who become players who help your team to great effect.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
First of all, he's a terrible captain and player for the money he's being payed and likely will be asking for next contract.

Second, Phil Kessel is no where close to being one of the top wingers in the league.

offensively he definitely is. Guy is or was near the top in shots, just very snakebitten.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
offensively he definitely is. Guy is or was near the top in shots, just very snakebitten.

The only thing Kessel has in common with the VERY BEST wingers in the game is point totals (and just one year, let's not pretend he has any history of being a PPG).

What happens on the ice and the overall results for the team are nowhere close...which is why Kessel is never going to be among the best wingers in the game.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
The only thing Kessel has in common with the VERY BEST wingers in the game is point totals (and just one year, let's not pretend he has any history of being a PPG).

What happens on the ice and the overall results for the team are nowhere close...which is why Kessel is never going to be among the best wingers in the game.

Yes and that he's one of maybe what, 5 guys that have had 4 years in a row of 30+ goals?

and how does being one of the better goal scorers in the league not make him a top winger in the game.

At worst he's top 20 offensively. I would put him top 10 if he continues his pace of last year(which he would but Lupul's out, it's a weird short season and he's been snakebitten.)

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Yes and that he's one of maybe what, 5 guys that have had 4 years in a row of 30+ goals?

and how does being one of the better goal scorers in the league not make him a top winger in the game.

At worst he's top 20 offensively. I would put him top 10 if he continues his pace of last year(which he would but Lupul's out, it's a weird short season and he's been snakebitten.)

Because there's other things involved in being a hockey player than scoring goals and points. Like competing in the neutral and defensive zone.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Kessel's role on a team is to score goals and generate points. I doubt people in Chicago are asking Patrick Kane to hit, fight, grind it out in the corners and all those other lovely things.

jughead42*

We spent so much time and effort building up the depth of our organization, there's really no need to be in a rush to "trim the fat" just for trimming sake now that we have do have depth and are winning with it. I think you keep these guys because injuries happen, situations change, and you likely aren't going to get much in trade for some of them. Right now the competition for playing time is fueling our success, and as long as we're cap compliant there's no point in worrying about it. If we have a chance to acquire somebody and some of the depth is used up in trade, we'll be glad to have guys waiting in the wings to replace it. If the offseason rolls around and we have better things we could be using that money on then sure, we could buy him out. I wouldn't go out of my way to do it if we have the space to do what we need to do however. He's still a useful depth guy.

jughead42*

Phil Kessel has blinding speed and the most deadly wrist shot since Wendel in his heyday. The only reason you trade him is because you're getting something better in return. If he isn't our best player, he's easily our most dangerous. He's a guy other teams need to account for whenever he's on the ice because he can take the puck and blow by everyone. It backs off the defence and changes the way they play. He's not a leader, he's not a franchise player, but he's a damn good player with an elite skill set who can help a good team win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad