Speculation: John Klingberg missed his 3rd straight practice. Is he on the hook, demoted, or long-term injured??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
He can have his contract terminated for breach of contract, so insubordination might be a valid reason to do that, but I imagine Toronto trades him. Only this year, so wouldn't be hard to trade him

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
It’s too bad he missed the last ferry, he can catch the next one.

1700059450795.jpeg

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
chaos since he turned down that reported long term offer from Dallas to re sign(rumored to be 8 years 7 mill per)

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
Even if someone is benched or scratched, they still practice. If he was demoted, you'd see a transaction...it can't be done secretly. He's likely injured.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
/thread

"Just a chance for him to get more treatment and continue to monitor the situation," Maple Leafs head coach Sheldon Keefe said of the defenseman. "We don’t think he’ll be on the ice tomorrow either but should be ok on Wednesday just with the treatment he’s getting he’s going to need a couple of days to really help let that sort of settle."

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don’t think the Leafs would have an easy time trading him and his $4M cap hit without attaching a significant sweetener.
This is untrue, we've seen many teams take expiring cap back towards the deadline. If they want to try and trade him now you might have a point, but I doubt they're going to give up on him after a month

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
This is untrue, we've seen many teams take expiring cap back towards the deadline. If they want to try and trade him now you might have a point, but I doubt they're going to give up on him after a month

The idea I replied I took as insinuating that the Leafs would have an easy time trading him now. I think trading him now, not at the deadline, would be very difficult.

Even at the deadline, I don’t think it’d be an easy task moving him if his play doesn’t improve.

• Haha
Reactions: Zur En Arrh

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
He’s being set up to get LTIR’d and allow him to save face that he was injured and not cut when he tries to find his next employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce