Player Discussion John-Jason (JJ) Peterka, RW (34th overall, 2020) -- Signed to ELC

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
Despite thinking Rossi was a better pick I think in general this organization took a huge step in the process the last two days. Those are two exciting forward prospects in addition to Cozens. The cupboards don't look as bare and all 3 of their futures look bright!

Reactions: Cheese Breadman

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Couple Sabres connections, both past and present:

Roy probably hooked him up with some puck bunnies old enough to be his mother.
JJ looks like a total hunk. We've drafted some butt-ugly players in the past. Maybe this draft is part of making the organization look better, literally. (And drafting by looks is probably still better than what Botterill would have done.) ;)
Honestly, I was struck by how handsome he is in several photos. But I am likely biased as my ancestors are 100% German both family sides / all known ancestors going back to late 1700s / mid-1800s depending on which side.

Reactions: Wisent42

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Roy probably hooked him up with some puck bunnies old enough to be his mother.
Honestly, I was struck by how handsome he is in several photos. But I am likely biased as my ancestors are 100% German both family sides / all known ancestors going back to late 1700s / mid-1800s depending on which side.
But Griffin is an Irish name.......

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
"His unrelenting motor is a force multiplier in every zone. He's hard on every puck. He's an eager, willing combatant in board battles. He's violent, disruptive -- a real pain in the ass. He'll make second and third efforts where other players generally relent. He's rarely, if ever stationary, constantly scanning the ice when the puck isn't on his stick."
-EliteProspects 2020 NHL Draft Guide

Inject this straight into my veins.

PUT HIM ON THE PP!!! /s

Reactions: Royal Thunder

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Petricka makes up for the reach at 8. I was pleasantly surprised, I had Peterka on my list around 20-25.

Im pleasantly surprised too. I wanted Greig (who went to Ottawa at 28) but I wanted a shit disturber with our second pick. It’d still be nice to have Lemieux, but Adams should know the benefit that has on a playoff series. He did play with Darcy Tucker (who outside of Verbeek and Marchand) was the ultimate shit disturber with skill.

Hell I’ll take Sean Avery minus the douchiness.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Im pleasantly surprised too. I wanted Greig (who went to Ottawa at 28) but I wanted a shit disturber with our second pick. It’d still be nice to have Lemieux, but Adams should know the benefit that has on a playoff series. He did play with Darcy Tucker (who outside of Verbeek and Marchand) was the ultimate shit disturber with skill.

Hell I’ll take Sean Avery minus the douchiness.

The thing is, you can add that in free agency. You can get those players without wasting high end picks. This team needs creativity on the boards, and skill just as much as we need back bone. I definitely see what you're saying about Greig though!

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
The thing is, you can add that in free agency. You can get those players without wasting high end picks. This team needs creativity on the boards, and skill just as much as we need back bone. I definitely see what you're saying about Greig though!

But the shit disturbers out there aren’t young. There’s Maroon and Clifford and...? At least Maroon has some hands so I won’t be pissed if he’s signed. But that Marchand/Verbeek/Tucker/Fleury/Avery type, they’re unicorns. Probably even more than a Kevin Stevens, Rick Tocchet, Neely type.

Hell my favourite Sabre aside from Hasek and my namesake was Barnaby, and he actually showed some skill. Give me more of these guys.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
But the shit disturbers out there aren’t young. There’s Maroon and Clifford and...? At least Maroon has some hands so I won’t be pissed if he’s signed. But that Marchand/Verbeek/Tucker/Fleury/Avery type, they’re unicorns. Probably even more than a Kevin Stevens, Rick Tocchet, Neely type.

Hell my favourite Sabre aside from Hasek and my namesake was Barnaby, and he actually showed some skill. Give me more of these guys.

This is fair, I liked Peterka more than the Quinn pick, so that just goes to show what I like. I wanted Lundell or Rossi and Marat, Peterka, or Gunler in the second round.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
This is fair, I liked Peterka more than the Quinn pick, so that just goes to show what I like. I wanted Lundell or Rossi and Marat, Peterka, or Gunler in the second round.

This is why I wanted Greig before I found out Ottawa took him. I didn’t watch the draft live so I relied on HF updates and didn’t see him mentioned. But if we got the same type of player with Paterka, I’m good.

As annoyed as I am taking Quinn over Rossi (my theory is take the most skill available in the 1st round, then need) but I get it. I’d rather watch a team full of Barnaby’s over a team full of Eichel’s.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Petricka makes up for the reach at 8. I was pleasantly surprised, I had Peterka on my list around 20-25.
A workmate and I were watching the first round and chatting on Skype. He is a Flyers fan and really wanted Peterka at 23. He’s jealous we got him in the 2nd round.

Reactions: MarkusKetterer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad