Player Discussion John-Jason (JJ) Peterka, RW (34th overall, 2020) -- Signed to ELC

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
One of my mates is a Flyers fan and before the draft he was telling me he how much he wanted them to take JJ at 23. He was amazed we managed to get him in the 2nd round.

Reactions: Zach716 and Ralonzo

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I love Peterka as a prospect. This is probably the most exciting pick we've had in the second round in a decade. Other than Rasmus Asplund, who is a full time NHL player. For me, this is one minor nugget of hope.
I was going to say Asplund and UPL. Fans and media loved some Guhle.

Reactions: Club

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I was going to say Asplund and UPL. Fans and media loved some Guhle.

UPL is a fine prospect, I just mean for a team lacking exciting offensive touch, he has that in spades. I will be called a moron, but I still think he's a better overall prospect than Quinn. Just based on his playing style etc. Quinn can still be a quality forward, and he is a first round talent.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
UPL is a fine prospect, I just mean for a team lacking exciting offensive touch, he has that in spades. I will be called a moron, but I still think he's a better overall prospect than Quinn. Just based on his playing style etc. Quinn can still be a quality forward, and he is a first round talent.
If people don’t care where guys were picked, we should have 2 guys that are locks for being top 9 players (not saying this year) with potential for more.

Reactions: TheCerebral1

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
If people don’t care where guys were picked, we should have 2 guys that are locks for being top 9 players (not saying this year) with potential for more.
That's what everyone thinks about their picks in the top 40ish.

I feel like we got 2 guys with decent floors, but it's hard to call anyone a lock until they're in the nhl.

Are we waiting until after the draft for a summer prospect poll?

UnleashRasmus

Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee

This is true! Proper analysis, who gives a damn! Right on BananaSquad. With the potentiality of UPL being our long term starter. *Possibly*

UnleashRasmus

Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I’d add McCabe. Ton of hype after he captained USA in the WJC

McCabe is a serviceable, middle pairing defensemen. I've never underestimated him, but I won't overestimate his impact on the Sabres. He's missed a lot of games with injury. While I'd welcome him back, I don't want to overpay him, and I'd rather see more of Samuelsson if he wants north of $4,000,000 per season. He can walk if that's his asking price. Again, anyone who has been here as long as McCabe has, I'd like to move on, and let them see a chance of success elsewhere. Ground out the potent negativity.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
McCabe is a serviceable, middle pairing defensemen. I've never underestimated him, but I won't overestimate his impact on the Sabres. He's missed a lot of games with injury. While I'd welcome him back, I don't want to overpay him, and I'd rather see more of Samuelsson if he wants north of $4,000,000 per season. He can walk if that's his asking price. Again, anyone who has been here as long as McCabe has, I'd like to move on, and let them see a chance of success elsewhere. Ground out the potent negativity.
He's talking as a prospect. There's always been a Peterka. You mentioned another one, Samuelson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad