Player Discussion John-Jason (JJ) Peterka, RW (34th overall, 2020) -- Signed to ELC

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Glad to hear the salt from other germans about us bavarians stays strong even among expats.
Haha. Well im sure you’ve noticed it too, but people who haven’t been to Germany talking to a German often ask questions about Dirndl, Oktoberfest, drinking beer out of “steins” and Lederhosen. Things no German outside of Bavaria is particularly interested in or has any connection to.

Reactions: 2 others

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
Haha. Well im sure you’ve noticed it too, but people who haven’t been to Germany talking to a German often ask questions about Dirndl, Oktoberfest, drinking beer out of “steins” and Lederhosen. Things no German outside of Bavaria is particularly interested in or has any connection to.

Think 2 clichés about Germany exists?
Baron Albrecht von Herzenberger @ Simpsons is the second. A rich annoyed guy who drives Mercedes and listens to Kraftwerk (Electronic Music).

Last edited:

Joey Banana

Mar 9, 2012

True, i'm sure that's annoying.

I think it started as a US thing because its occupation zone after WWII was Bavaria. The stereotype then spread via US media to everyone else.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

others around the US thinks buffalo is a suburb of nyc......

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
After his time in Salzburg where he dominated, he played 4th line minutes in Munich for a long time this season. In the last games you saw the scoring ability is there. He still doesnt dominate the league.
Thats why i think 1 more year in Munich wouldnt be a mistake. He has a coach who played NHL. He has NHL vets. as teammates. Most famous is Roy. He has to earn his minutes. Munich is a top team in the league.
Stützle played NHL right away after his DEL time. Maybe the same would be possible for Peterka with 1 more year of development.

He has plenty of ex-Amerks/Sabres to talk to on his team:

Derek Roy, Gogulla, Zach Redmond, Andrew MacWilliam, Mark Voakes

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
DEL has a really uneven talent level but it might be good to develop his scoring. I wouldn't move him until he's a leading player in the DEL.

I moved between different countries aged 18-24 and while I loved it myself it's hard on some people to leave their family etc.

Especially germans I met abroad had 0 householding skills, they'd set fire to the kitchen and microwave metal cans. Anecdotal but still...

Sometimes waiting to bring prospects over might help them prepare on other levels than just on the hockey level.
I never noticed that cultural dimension between western teenagers

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
It's a very small town, i'd rather go to Vienna if i were you. Unless you are leaning towards visiting the surrounding nature, mountains, etc, than it's freaking awesome.
its not a small town it has over 150000 population, its the fourth largest city in the country

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
its not a small town it has over 150000 population, its the fourth largest city in the country
I meant it's a small town considering it's the 4th largest city in the country.

Last edited by a moderator:

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
True, i'm sure that's annoying.

I think it started as a US thing because its occupation zone after WWII was Bavaria. The stereotype then spread via US media to everyone else.
in 1945 lederhosen was cutting edge haut couture. now its just pointless nostalgia, like all the 80s remakes.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Whats better, 1 more year in Germany, then 1 year in Rochester, or 2 full years in Rochester? As long as we let him do two full years in Rochester and not rush him up i think its a coin flip

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Whats better, 1 more year in Germany, then 1 year in Rochester, or 2 full years in Rochester? As long as we let him do two full years in Rochester and not rush him up i think its a coin flip

If he was up for it, I'd rather see him in the Swedish league for a year before Rochester. But I think they'll do everything they can to get him over to Rochester for the start of next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad