Player Discussion John-Jason (JJ) Peterka, RW (34th overall, 2020) -- Signed to ELC

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
With Leon Draisaitl excelling in the NHL, and Moritz Seider being drafted sixth overall last year, Germany is emerging as the newest challenger to join the elite hockey nations. This year’s NHL draft sees that development continue. Tim Stutzle is one of the top-rated prospects in the draft. He is not alone though, as John-Jason Peterka is another potential first-round pick coming out of Germany. Peterka put up seven goals and 11 points in 42 games this year, playing for EHC München in the DEL, Germany’s top men’s league. He also put up three points in 10 games in the Champions Hockey League.

Peterka also impressed when playing on the international stage. Appearing at the 2020 World Junior Hockey Championship, he put up four goals and six points in seven games at the World Juniors. Peterka also played at the 2019 IIHF Under-18 World 1A Championship. He put up two goals and eight points in five games, helping Germany to win the tournament and earn promotion to the top group of the U18s. Unfortunately, the COVID-19 Crisis has taken away his opportunity to perform on the biggest Under-18 stage.

John-Jason Peterka Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #22

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Will post what I did in the other thread. Think he has some solid 2nd line upside, may be a bit more of a 3rd liner but one that can chip in quite a few goals.

Had Peterka 30th on my board. Really like him.

Speedster who plays a high energy game and can score goals (see a trend?)

Personally, I think maybe he turns into a Grabner type maybe? Scoring first winger who generates chances with his speed. Might become a good PK guy too if developed properly who can be dangerous there.

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
I had Gunler here but Peterka was right behind him so can't be too upset over it. Very nice prospect!

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
"His unrelenting motor is a force multiplier in every zone. He's hard on every puck. He's an eager, willing combatant in board battles. He's violent, disruptive -- a real pain in the ass. He'll make second and third efforts where other players generally relent. He's rarely, if ever stationary, constantly scanning the ice when the puck isn't on his stick."
-EliteProspects 2020 NHL Draft Guide

Inject this straight into my veins.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
I think he has Marchand tendencies

"His unrelenting motor is a force multiplier in every zone. He's hard on every puck. He's an eager, willing combatant in board battles. He's violent, disruptive -- a real pain in the ass. He'll make second and third efforts where other players generally relent. He's rarely, if ever stationary, constantly scanning the ice when the puck isn't on his stick."
-EliteProspects 2020 NHL Draft Guide

cgvwkcr.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad