Confirmed with Link: John Hynes to be named Devils Head Coach

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I'm gonna stay skeptical about this team and it's future probably until I don't have a choice, but I will say, the things Shero and Hynes have been saying since the announcement are like a breath of fresh air. I don't doubt they have the right intentions/vision for this team in mind, and almost everything Hynes has said has made me more comfortable with him likely having to guide quite a few young players through their development into pros.

GhostofKenKlee

Hynes also loves Kostoupoulos so there's that going for any veteran.

I think a younger coach knows the deal and seems to know these guys are most assets than not.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm gonna stay skeptical about this team and it's future probably until I don't have a choice, but I will say, the things Shero and Hynes have been saying since the announcement are like a breath of fresh air. I don't doubt they have the right intentions/vision for this team in mind, and almost everything Hynes has said has made me more comfortable with him likely having to guide quite a few young players through their development into pros.

Ya I like everything they haven been saying. Looking forward to see what they try.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Interesting I wonder what this thought on Paul Thompson is. I dont think its been brought up but im guessing he coached him on some level at WBS for a bit.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 18m18 minutes ago

Rutherford says New Jersey has asked Penguins for permission to discuss a job with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton assistant coach Alain Nasreddine.

I think was expected. Is there compensation for this?

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I wouldnt mind bring this guy over because he seems to work well with Hynes but i think i would rather have him be the "eyes in the sky" as opposed to him taking over the D which is what he did in WBS.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I wouldnt mind bring this guy over because he seems to work well with Hynes but i think i would rather have him be the "eyes in the sky" as opposed to him taking over the D which is what he did in WBS.

Well I'm sure they want to interview more then one person even if I prefer Stevens be on the bench.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Well I'm sure they want to interview more then one person even if I prefer Stevens be on the bench.

Agreed but it would seem that this guy and Stevens normally work with D. None work with O, so my thought process is put him in the sky Stevens on the bench and bring someone else in to run the O.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Hynes also loves Kostoupoulos so there's that going for any veteran.

I think a younger coach knows the deal and seems to know these guys are most assets than not.

Kostopolous is a huge part of Wilkes-Barre as a community, not just the Baby Pens, so it's not that surprising that Hynes speaks highly of him.

Interesting I wonder what this thought on Paul Thompson is. I dont think its been brought up but im guessing he coached him on some level at WBS for a bit.

He coached Thompson for parts of 4 seasons in WBS. As far as Thompson as a player, I wouldn't expect too much. He works hard and he's got a nice touch around the net, but his skating and hockey sense are fairly limited and he doesn't do enough away from the puck to be a bottom six guy. From all accounts he's a great guy, so it'd be nice to see him make it to the NHL, but I wouldn't count on it.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
In other words, Thompson is the flavor of the month career minor leaguer that we give a shot to pretty much every season.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Thompson is 27 this season

he is what he is. an AHL+ player.

Even that's a little generous I think, considering he was more of an AHL depth player until he came to Albany. I'd give him a shot, but yeah, I wouldn't expect much. Best-case scenario is probably him showing some chemistry with Josefson or Ruutu or someone and anchoring the third line for a year or two.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

.gif party!

FYq7M_gif_2520_medium.gif

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well seeing as there's no head coaching jobs open other than Detroit Oates ain't getting an NHL HC job this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad