John Gaudreau growth

Trae

Calgary
Hope he does AHL after this season, but I have a feeling he will finish college. I'd guess 5'8 155

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Damn, he really needs to aded more weight. And he is already going into his junior year?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He needs to get up to about 175 at that height.
If he hits that weight, he'll be a sure fire NHL'er in my opinion. 5'9'', while it's small, is taller than MSL.

5'9'', 175; that's a good enough size for a high skill winger.
20 more pounds, I think he can do that this year.

Trae

Calgary
He needs to get up to about 175 at that height.
If he hits that weight, he'll be a sure fire NHL'er in my opinion. 5'9'', while it's small, is taller than MSL.

5'9'', 175; that's a good enough size for a high skill winger.
20 more pounds, I think he can do that this year.

Not if his diet is as bad as it sounds, only thing that makes his child-like appearance worse is his addiction to candy haha. Hopefully that article a while back was exaggerated.

TylerSVT*

Hope he does AHL after this season, but I have a feeling he will finish college. I'd guess 5'8 155

He will get his degree.

He is likely another 3 years away from possible NHL time.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I am 5'9 1/2 and 175lbs. I'd say I'm a hockey player build, but the 175 is definitely not muscle. I don't really work out so at my slimmest I'm probably 155.

If I was to put on 20lbs of muscle (instead of the 20lbs of beer and pizza I currently have - so 175lbs), I'd imagine my body would be sufficient for the NHL (especially paired with Johnny's skill).

The thing about small guys like him and Kane are that they grew up learning how to be slippery. How to escape checks and stay on the puck.

Trae

Calgary
The guy has been playing in a league where he probably should have been injured to some extent already, but hasn't. I think his durability and elusiveness speaks for itself. Obviously it's different than the NHL, but he's got 2-3 more years to build up.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
As an outsider looking in. Cam Atkinson 5"7" 172lbs. Took pretty near an identical path as Gaudreau. Yeah he'll take a couple extra years which everyone is already expecting but the chance he makes it is very real. Once he gets with some pro trainers the mass will come. Cam is looking just fine for us.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
As an outsider looking in. Cam Atkinson 5"7" 172lbs. Took pretty near an identical path as Gaudreau. Yeah he'll take a couple extra years which everyone is already expecting but the chance he makes it is very real. Once he gets with some pro trainers the mass will come. Cam is looking just fine for us.

No kidding, Cam Atkinson is a Flame killer! :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad