News: John Davidson: “…Boone's not going anywhere, and Boone doesn't want to go anywhere."

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
And yet we're going to continue to get proposals over and over from now 'till the end of his contract, because the vultures just can't help themselves, take "no" for an answer, or see us as anything other than a farm team. As usual.
Boone isn’t going anywhere is code for Boone is definitely going somewhere :P

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

In the clip, he was sensitive to the notion that players don’t want to play in Columbus. Perhaps that’s extra incentive to keep a guy that does.

Davidson sounds like a very desesperate used car salesman.

"This car is very great. Many people wanted it, but it is not for sale. Many people want to buy nice cars from us, that is for sure! Do you know Aaron Portzline?"

What a mess.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Boone isn’t going anywhere is code for Boone is definitely going somewhere :P
I mean, obviously. It's in $MY_TEAM's best interest for him to want to go to $MY_TEAM, therefore obviously he wants to go to $MY_TEAM and any Jackets fans saying otherwise are just being blind homers, which is unreasonable because lol Columbus but totally reasonable for $MY_TEAM.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I mean, obviously. It's in $MY_TEAM's best interest for him to want to go to $MY_TEAM, therefore obviously he wants to go to $MY_TEAM and any Jackets fans saying otherwise are just being blind homers, which is unreasonable because lol Columbus but totally reasonable for $MY_TEAM.
Love it

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
And yet we're going to continue to get proposals over and over from now 'till the end of his contract, because the vultures just can't help themselves, take "no" for an answer, or see us as anything other than a farm team. As usual.
Friedman said it on his podcast today. Even tho CBJ is telling teams no, they might just push harder

Reactions: Fatass

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This post deserves to be immortalized

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
To be fair we’ve seen the Boone Jenner proposal thread start to Decline this week

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Unless you have no regard for your own credibility, you don't make the statement Davidson made and then trade the guy 3 weeks later.
Y'know, that just might - and bear with me for a second here, I know this is going to sound all crazy and such - it just might be an indicator that Boone isn't going to be traded. You never can know, but it just might suggest that. Maybe.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

"This car is very great. Many people wanted it, but it is not for sale. Many people want to buy nice cars from us, that is for sure! Do you know Aaron Portzline?"

What a mess.

Do used car salesmen usually flatly tell prospective buyers "we're not sellling it"?

No, they try to get you to buy the car.

We've heard from many sources around the league about interest in acquiring Boone Jenner, I'm not sure if you're suggesting that Davidson is covering for a lack of interest. But if you are suggesting that, try reading up a little bit.

I'm annoyed that you're lumping this in with the rest of the mess in Columbus. This is the least problematic thing JD has said, it's entirely correct that you don't trade Boone Jenner. Accumulating draft picks and prospects has not been an issue in Columbus, but on ice structure and player development have been problems. They simply need a leader like Boone more than other clubs do.

Bidding starts at late 1st+B prospect

I think he said Boone is not going to be traded.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Hey so we have this guy is at his peak value and wont be a part of our core when we want to contend...but let's keep him around bc there are no other solid vets at league minimum deals.

Tf is wrong with them.

Reactions: Andrei79

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
iu

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
John Davidson is a terrible hockey exec, I wouldn't put much stock into his statement either way.

Reactions: eojsmada

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I
Hey so we have this guy is at his peak value and wont be a part of our core when we want to contend...but let's keep him around bc there are no other solid vets at league minimum deals.

Tf is wrong with them.
Maybe Jenner actually wants to play in Columbus and Columbus wants him there? I'm not sure why that's hard to fathom.

It is a wonderful city.

Apr 9, 2009
USA

What a mess.

I think he sounds more like an old timer who doesn’t want to give up the car that’s been sitting in his garage for 60 years

I

Maybe Jenner actually wants to play in Columbus and Columbus wants him there? I'm not sure why that's hard to fathom.

It is a wonderful city.

It’s easy to fathom, HF posters just lose all common sense when the word “Columbus” is seen.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I

It is a wonderful city.
Who cares, this not a factor in building a playoff team when you are a basement team.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary

In the clip, he was sensitive to the notion that players don’t want to play in Columbus. Perhaps that’s extra incentive to keep a guy that does.

But social media begs to differ and everyone knows that social media knows how to run a team better than anybody in a GM's office.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad