Confirmed with Link: Johansen to Nashville for Seth Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 28s29 seconds ago
Keep hearing that trade talks between #CBJ and #Preds have intensified.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m2 minutes ago
Many options. Rychel, Tyutin, Johansen. Return from Preds would have to include a good young D if Johansen involved

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 5m5 minutes ago
"@Aportzline: Keep hearing trade talks between #CBJ and #Preds have intensified." NSH looking for offence. Johansen? Drouin? At what price?

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
36be7861409bb0207b75fd0b46354dea.gif

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I proposed a two part blockbuster over on the trade forum

Part 1:
Johansen + Hartnell/Tyutin for Jones + Wilson + Kamenev/Fiala

Part 2:
Rychel + Connauton/Prout for Ellis

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I proposed a two part blockbuster over on the trade forum

Part 1:
Johansen + Hartnell/Tyutin for Jones + Wilson + Kamenev/Fiala

Part 2:
Rychel + Connauton/Prout for Ellis

Rychel might very well be the "replacement" for Hartnell if the first scenario plays out.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Was the Rychel trade request solely due to playing time? Did it also involve a disdain between his camp and the FO?

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund 13m13 minutes ago
Another team may be involved. This is still fluid. "Could be a huge deal or could get paired down with cold feet."

It's Edlund, but is a three-way trade with Tampa a possible scenario?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Seriously, hon, this is the same sort of "logic" that dictates that Hartnell is nigh-untradeable or a cap dump.

You and I both know that 33 year old forwards with 3 years left on their deals are tougher to trade and that teams that are struggling tend to dump players to free up cap space. You and I both know that the number of teams that would be interested in and able to acquire Hartnell can be counted on one hand. We also know that, generally, players with three years left on their deals aren't usually dead line deals.

Keep in mind that Hartnell came here as a cap space deal they ended up with RJ.

Can you add anything to the conversation or are you just going to continue to make fun of people?

Impossible to trade? No. Easy? Not usually. However, teams like Nashville and Florida seem to teams that wouldn't shy away to much from a deal for him.

Just go down the list of teams. The top 11 leading cap space teams are most likely out already. Ok, Montreal was struggling a bit the last I looked, what additional payroll is coming back? They aren't going to give up a useful roster player but they would have to shed cap space even for next season.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund 13m13 minutes ago
Another team may be involved. This is still fluid. "Could be a huge deal or could get paired down with cold feet."

It's Edlund, but is a three-way trade with Tampa a possible scenario?

I find it amusing that the deal he's "hearing" is pretty much what we've been discussing for a couple of days now.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Rychel might very well be the "replacement" for Hartnell if the first scenario plays out.

Exactly. That would open a spot for him which seems to be his biggest issue. He wants to be in the NHL right now.

I really hope not. Wilson's contract is really bad. 30-point player with just shy of $4m/year for the same term as Hartnell.

Yeah, there is no way we take his contract back in a trade. At least there better be no way we do that. :)

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I'm sure we will try to get Fiala, but I suspect we'll need to take it to get them to trade Jones.

Then we shouldn't trade them Johansen. They are the ones who should be making the deal better. If we have to take a bad contract back, then we should say no or ask for a TOP prospect and a 1st round pick. We are trading the best player in the trade and we would only be moving Hartnell to save some money and cap space. So, it wouldn't make sense to bring back a player with a similar contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad