Injury Report: Joffrey Lupul - Hes playing. Relax

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
Lupul, Kessel, JVR, Clarkson, Kulemin, Raymond.

3/6 are either hurt or suspended

Hopefully we're done with suspensions for the season. Although, 3 of the 6 are now repeat offenders in the eyes of the NHL. :) I'm guessing Lupul will miss anywhere from 15-25 games this season going by his history.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Are we sure it is not Lupul's Knee?

I have serious doubts that it is his calf that is hurt, watch the hit again...it sure looks like it is his knee.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
I got a bruised calf last Friday from blocking a slap shot, couldn't put much weight on it all of Saturday. People underrate the pain, it makes it very hard to move your ankle at all. But by Sunday afternoon, I was cleared to play. It still hurt for the first 5 minutes of warm ups but didn't bother me after that. I wouldn't be worried about it, they are just trying to keep the swelling down.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
When freak injuries happen every other day it makes you wonder..

Some guys are just injury prone and have some kind of aura around them that attracts injury. Whether its the way he plays, his attitude, not paying attention.. Lupul is always getting minor and major injuries.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Embarrassing if he misses a game due to a bruise considering many players have had worse injuries and still manage to play.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Very frustrating.

Here's hoping he plays 70ish games this season. Such an important player for us.

But we can't be using this crap as an excuse.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
I got a bruised calf last Friday from blocking a slap shot, couldn't put much weight on it all of Saturday. People underrate the pain, it makes it very hard to move your ankle at all. But by Sunday afternoon, I was cleared to play. It still hurt for the first 5 minutes of warm ups but didn't bother me after that. I wouldn't be worried about it, they are just trying to keep the swelling down.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Didn't he collide with his teammate?

I wonder whether that's when it happened. I remember seeing him grimace to the bench, just don't remember when it was or what happened.

CellarDweller0

Feb 19, 2010
Mississauga
I seriously doubt he misses the game tomorrow. Icing today to bring down the swelling and he will be good to go.

Gosh you folks are seriously emotional disasters.

Cpt Maple Leaf

Jul 19, 2009
That was a total cheap shot by Parenteau. I thought he was going to be hurt a lot worse than a bruise.... totally legit injury imho, anybody would be hurting after that bullsh*t hit from behind.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
First McLaren, then Clarkson, then Fraser, THEN Kulemin, and now we got ****ing Lupul injured again?

That is a TON of grit and physicality missing from our lineup..

Hopefully were getting all of our injury trouble out of the way for playoff time :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad