Confirmed with Link: Joey Daccord signed 3 years ( 1 way in year 3)

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Excellent signing. Getting him done for two years on a two way is perfect. At his age two full AHL seasons should let us know if he is an NHL goalie.

Reactions: Icelevel

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Check out this old Daccord photo (2018)

A9EA7FD7-CDBA-4DD4-ADCB-797254F578C1.jpeg

Another connection... :laugh:

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
That is great news.

The guy has been a competitor at every level and has improved his game every year, good to see that Dorion also sees his potential and is keeping him around.

Reactions: bert and teddygmr

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020
I'm happy we decided to re-sign him for more then 1-2 years. IMO he'll end up being our best goalie prospect sooner rather than later. He's done well at every level he's played in, just always needs some time to adjust to a new league. If we have him in Belleville next season (most likely scenario) I think he's going to have a breakout season.

Reactions: teddygmr

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Good signing. I guess by yr 3, Nilsson ill be long gone & one of Hogberg or Murray will have the #1 job & the other could probably be on the way out or have to fight Daccord for the backup spot. That's puts Gustavsson another notch back, I wonder what their plans are for him or whether he is slowly becoming tradable.

Reactions: Cosmix

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Good signing. I guess by yr 3, Nilsson ill be long gone & one of Hogberg or Murray will have the #1 job & the other could probably be on the way out or have to fight Daccord for the backup spot. That's puts Gustavsson another notch back, I wonder what their plans are for him or whether he is slowly becoming tradable.
I think one of Hogberg or Daccord is going to be taken by Seattle.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Him, Sogard and Mandolese have pretty good beaks on each other on instagram, must have all become bros at dev camp. Love it

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
I see he has a 3rd year as a one way. Too bad.
I am completely flabbergasted at this comment. EVEN if, even if he completely sucks and is a career AHLer (I would not take that bet no matter the odds), all the one-way means is that he makes $800K no matter where he plays. Nothing more to it.

This is a no-lose contract and could very well be a steal in years 2 and 3.

Reactions: bert

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think one of Hogberg or Daccord is going to be taken by Seattle.
It could be Murray on his way out by yr 3 for all we know. I hope he bounces back here & at 26 could be a long term solution for this team, but so could either Hogberg or Daccord who are still improving. Should be interesting.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Remember when daccord was never signing with us and he was going to sign with the leafs because his dad had some connection with them

Reactions: Simplicity

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It could be Murray on his way out by yr 3 for all we know. I hope he bounces back here & at 26 could be a long term solution for this team, but so could either Hogberg or Daccord who are still improving. Should be interesting.
Dorion did specifically say they went high for a goalie last year in the draft because they were pretty sure on of theirs would be taken in the expansion draft.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Dorion did specifically say they went high for a goalie last year in the draft because they were pretty sure on of theirs would be taken in the expansion draft.
Yea, I assume that Murry will be protected given he has a decent season next yr. If not, it might be up in the air.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Not sure what this means for the expansion draft, but I hope Daccord competes with Hogberg for the long term #1 position. Really hope Murray is the one taken by Seattle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad