Confirmed with Link: Joensuu Transferred to SC Bern

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I stopped watching full games shortly after the win in NY.

Wasn't his line the only line doing well? Then we waive him, and send him to Finland

:/

I understand he was a fringe player on a horrifyingly bad team, but do we really have the depth to deal with an injury on the wing?

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
There is just no way he's a worse hockey player than Pinnizotto, Gazdic or even Pitlick. A few so so games and suddenly he's off the team. I liked what he added. The roster decisions on this team are just baffling.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Loved his forecheck on the wagon line, I agree he would be more effective than a guy like Gazdic or Pinner but 4th line wingers arent going to make or break this team.

Still an odd decision, I guess they expected more offense.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
He's not good, he was pretty much invisible his last ten games. Same story as last year, I don't think he's gonna make it in the NHL.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
He's not good, he was pretty much invisible his last ten games. Same story as last year, I don't think he's gonna make it in the NHL.

I agree. It's mostly just annoying because they Oilers aren't consistent with their accountability and there's no accountability for the core, so when someone gets sent down for a few bad games it looks silly. If they benched the wonder kids or press boxed them from time to time, then I don't think people would be too surprised at Joensuu. He did look really good early on though. If he could consistently play like that he'd probably be able to find a home on a lot of NHL 4th lines.

nitz

Jul 27, 2009
He's not a core player. I'm just glad we didn't sign him to a 4 year, $10 million dollar contract.

We're slowly learning!

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
He's not a core player. I'm just glad we didn't sign him to a 4 year, $10 million dollar contract.

We're slowly learning!

Pffft... watch us sign J.Schultz to a deal like that next week.

I liked JJ and Belov more than others here. Good role players like Brodziak and GlenX but we chase for the stars all the time... hey Heatley/Nylander where are thou?

Oct 30, 2011
he's decent at cycling the puck and he's not terrible at entering the zone. he was not a consistent threat though and didn't always bring the same intensity. i think injuries are a factor, not just to him, but to his linemates as well. the wagon line was great but when a wheel was gone, it didn't go anywhere.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Strange move. I kind of doubt Joensuu was requesting this.

What is it with this team and Euro players.

jebus.

The Oilers honestly think Neanderthals like Gazdik, Pinozotto and Pitlick are better players?

This org deserves the **** players it gets.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007

We're slowly learning!

Eyes Pouliots 5 year 20 million dollar deal and Nikitins 2 year 9 million dollar deal and Purcells 2 year 9 million dollar deal and Ferentzs 3 year 3.25 million deal. Maybeeeeeeee not.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Are people honestly going to miss this guy?

IMO, that's 1 down and about 14 to go.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
He tried too hard. Oilers brass are not used to seeing a guy give 110%

Meh. Joensuu played well for 10 games or so and slid back into obscurity. Joensuu has never been a consistent 110% guy. This year included.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Another stupid management move. What a bunch of ******** losing Joenssuu. We had an effective 4th line with Joenssuu-Gordon-Hendricks and now it's gone. About the only positive we saw this entire year and we lose Joenssuu because we want to roll the dice with guys that's can't play hockey in Gazdic and Pinozotto. Don't like this move at all.

Joenssuu as a 4th liner was effective. He skated well, cycled decently, and had potential to be even better. **** this management group. God damn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad