Joel Ward?

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Unless the flyers trade B. Schenn there is no reason to sign a 34 year old RW. Has this board not learned anything?

jbones6287

Sep 7, 2014
Unless the flyers trade B. Schenn there is no reason to sign a 34 year old RW. Has this board not learned anything?

No need for the negativity dude, just a mere thought that popped into my head and wanted to see what people thought bout him in a bottom 6 role.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
He plays a position in which we are strong. If he was a LW I would have no issues going for him. Problem is he will be paid and we won't be able to pay a 3rd liner 4-5 million a year like he may get. Beef and I talked about this in another thread and both thought Edmonton would be a great place for him to land.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
No need for the negativity dude, just a mere thought that popped into my head and wanted to see what people thought bout him in a bottom 6 role.

I'm not being negative but there is constantly people trying to sign players that don't fit into the flyers line-up. If he was a LW that would be one thing but with Voracek, Simmonds, and B. Schenn at RW there isn't a single spot for him. He is also 34 years old and will probably command a salary that doesn't really fit with the flyers long term plans.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Good clutch player, but at 34 he's diminishing returns, IMO.

Fulton44*

Nice player but the Flyers can't really afford to be paying good role players 2.5 - 3.0 million in free agency and based on the composition of their roster and direction of the team I don't think a player like ward really makes sense anyway.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I like Joel Ward, but like others said he's 34 already. If he was 10 years younger it would be another story.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
If the Flyers were a few pieces away for being a top contender, sure look at Green/Ward types. Otherwise, never go after these types that will get overpaid. We fans need to be patient. It wasn't a one year rebuild.

jbones6287

Sep 7, 2014
I'm not being negative but there is constantly people trying to sign players that don't fit into the flyers line-up. If he was a LW that would be one thing but with Voracek, Simmonds, and B. Schenn at RW there isn't a single spot for him. He is also 34 years old and will probably command a salary that doesn't really fit with the flyers long term plans.

Never said he'd even be a fit lol, wasn't sure if he was one of those guys who did a RW/LW sort of thing.

Don't lump me into the posters who say lets trade for Malkin, etc..etc...just wanted to get an outside perspective

jbones6287

Sep 7, 2014
If the Flyers were a few pieces away for being a top contender, sure look at Green/Ward types. Otherwise, never go after these types that will get overpaid. We fans need to be patient. It wasn't a one year rebuild.

Yeah I have zero interest in Mike Green, he was pretty terrible last night

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad