Dreger: Joel Ward asked for his NTC list by Sharks

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Buffalo had 2 scouts at Sharks game.

Rumored that both Kane (5.25, UFA) and Pouliot (1.15 UFA)were up. Also d man Gorges (3.90 UFA).
Sabres have let it be known they are willing to retain on Kane and Gorges.

Just food for thought.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Sharks have been tied to Karlsson.

Dominoes for an Erik Karlsson trade?

Not likely. They'd have the space regardless of a Ward move. He's currently on IR so he's not taking up a roster spot and they have three contract slots. This is probably a favor to be done for him as a rental so he gets time to play instead of getting 4th line time or the press box.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Sharks have benched him a lot so if they can send him packing for a pick at 50 off I’m sure they move him

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
You'd almost think they have a deal already in place to acquire a player, but need to get creative to get picks to whatever team. For instance, if they have a deal in place for Vanek but need a 3rd this season, they need to get one from somewhere else. In comes Joel Ward possibly.

Out of all the teams trying to add, the Sharks have the least assets to do so and will have to get creative. If they're in need of a 3rd for a player, maybe they get that 3rd from another team and pass it along.

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
Ward started off really badly, started to look better, then got injured. I really think that the Sharks/Ward are thinking that he would be happier playing more consistently for another contender. There are teams that can use players like him, but I don't expect to get much in return.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Still a decent bottom-six forward with good character and a history of stepping up in the playoffs. Lost a step for sure but someone will want him, even if it’s just for a 7th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad