Recalled/Assigned: Joel Teasdale & Frédéric Allard Called Up (Emergency Recall)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Good news because that means they will keep RHP, Ylonen & Schueneman down for the Rocket game against the Marlies on Wednesday. Also good news as Primeau isn't part of the recalls. So that could mean Allen might be good to go. And Primeau will be able to stay in Laval for their playoff push.

Happy for Teasdale. He deserves the call up as he's been one of Laval's best players since the holidays. And Allard going up helps the tank a lot more than Schueneman (even though the difference is minimal).

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hey, happy for Teasdale. Good call-ups. They need all of RHP, Ylonen, Richard, Schueneman & Primeau in Laval for the playoff push.

With RHP & Ylonen there, Teasdale was pushed down to 4th line. Mysak can definitely take over there.

I still keep a small doubt that Primeau will be available as Habs might end up calling him up tomorrow if Allen isn't ready to go. Unless Montreal does the Leafs' thing and sign someone to an ATO to back up Monty. Which I would rather they do that than call Primeau up.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
"There is no taking in this league"
-Gary Bettman

I hate the argument that there is no tanking because it's a lottery as Gary likes to give as a reason why teams don't tank. Tanking might not guarantee you the 1st overall pick, but the fact you can't move back more than 2 spots, then tanking still guarantees you a higher pick.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Teasdale is a RFA, management probably wants to see how he looks vs the NHL. Also, a nice reward for playing well while everyone else was up.

Reactions: jrom

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
How can they send guys down and then do an emergency call-up? I'm not smart enough for this league

Reactions: Big Lurk

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
"There is no taking in this league"
-Gary Bettman

I hate the argument that there is no tanking because it's a lottery as Gary likes to give as a reason why teams don't tank. Tanking might not guarantee you the 1st overall pick, but the fact you can't move back more than 2 spots, then tanking still guarantees you a higher pick.

To be fair, this is more of a "help Laval make the PO" than a tank move.

If Laval was guaranteed in (or out) the POs, I don't think they would have recalled these guys instead of RHP/Ylonen/Schueneman.

Reactions: Beer and Chips

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
How can they send guys down and then do an emergency call-up? I'm not smart enough for this league
Because the roster compliance requirements (18 players and 2 goalies) is only looked at when you suit players for a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad