Speculation: Joel Farabee

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
I think Farabee + Frost for something like Rossi + 13 with adds is something MN might be interested in, though I hate it. I would like to get my hands on Farabee tho.
Minnesota doesn’t need to add. Where does Minnesota has room on winger? Frost is a bottom line C Minnesota already has and the 13th pick is lottery pick which can move uo

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Briere is in charge now with Jones in the organization. See if they truly run the franchise or are still beholden to the old regime that was impatient.

Konecny, Atkinson, Hathaway, Johansen and Peterson are UFA in 2025. Probably buyout Peterson for $4 mill cash but only a $3 mill total dead cap charge. Maybe also buyout Johansen as well or retain to move him out at $2 mill cap hit. Atkinson likely a TDL move.

Konecny, hockey trade. He's 28 at the end of his contract, so have to figure out if you are going to maximize his remaining prime years or whether it will take a couple of years to return to being a consistent PO team.

Farabee, look for a hockey trade vs futures. Flyers have extra first rounders in 24 and 25. And 2 extra 2nds in 24/25 as well.

Why do you trade the team's leading scorer? Twenty-eight is hardly old by comparison. Agree with most of thr other suggestions.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I think Farabee + Frost for something like Rossi + 13 with adds is something MN might be interested in, though I hate it. I would like to get my hands on Farabee tho.

Hate it, too. But from the Flyers' perspective and not the Wild.

Both Farabee and Frost made great strides this season and look to be part of the core going forward. Rossi is a dynamic player but his skillset seems redundant to what the Flyers already have in Bobby Brink - and possibly Massimo Rizzo if he is ready.

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
Now this is a hockey trade offer. As a Flyers fan, I would take this. Both helps us fill that C position better, and gives us more draft capital. Wild get two guys who will do something immediately. Every other offer I've seen is poo....this is solid.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Farabee for Middleton + Heidt/Khusnutdinov + D prospect

Not sure if Flyers are in need of defensive help (looked like it from my quick roster check), but Middleton feels like he’d be a good fit.

Think value is still too low from Minnesota’s side, but depends how Heidt/Khusnutdinov are valued at this point & what D prospect the Flyers would be interested in.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Farabee for Middleton + Heidt/Khusnutdinov + D prospect

Not sure if Flyers are in need of defensive help (looked like it from my quick roster check), but Middleton feels like he’d be a good fit.

Think value is still too low from Minnesota’s side, but depends how Heidt/Khusnutdinov are valued at this point & what D prospect the Flyers would be interested in.
Your trading away a good to average big body Dman & on top of that two C prospect for a winger? When Minnesota has Danila Yurov and Liam ohgren who needs room? No thanks especially to trading Marat and a dman badly needed by Minnesota .
Why even trade all for a winger and have a 1st round pick winger in ohgren playing on 3rd and 4th line while making Minnesota worse at several positions? Especially Marat who kaprizov has struck a partnership/ friendship with?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Why do you trade the team's leading scorer? Twenty-eight is hardly old by comparison. Agree with most of thr other suggestions.
It’s not old but in terms of the timeline of when the flyers return to being a perennial PO team does he fit? If they can do it in the next couple of seasons it makes sense to extend him.

Overall Philly overachieved this season being in the race til the final week.

Does Philly have enough prospects who are expected to be better than the guys they have in the nhl? Michkov needs to hit big for them.

Otherwise I see them similar to Detroit in lacking an elite talent.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I expect Frost and Farabee to flourish elsewhere. Less talented teams don't struggle nearly as much to score on the PP or in overtime as Tortorella's Flyers have.

Last in OT goals scored

Last in PP goals scored

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Are the Flyers actually going to move two pretty decent players in Frost and Farabee, just because of the coach?

Are you familiar with Flyers management/organization?

I would say Frost should already have his stuff packed and just save homes he likes in various potential cities on Zillow

Last edited:
Reactions: Rich Nixon

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Seems to be fair, but:
- with lack of creativity, exchange one offensive C (Frost) for another (Rossi) doesn’t make a sense. IIRC Wild also has the same trouble with C;
- Does Rossi leave health problems in the past? As a Flyers fan, after history with Sam Morin, Nolan Patrick, Ryan Ellis and probably even Jamie Drysdale healthy status is more important for me than skill set 😂
I don’t want to trade Rossi so let’s just remove him and frost from the discussion. It would be Farabee for 13 and I think I lean towards keeping 13.

Minnesota doesn’t need to add. Where does Minnesota has room on winger? Frost is a bottom line C Minnesota already has and the 13th pick is lottery pick which can move uo
Minnesota needs a second line scoring winger in the worst way.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Your trading away a good to average big body Dman & on top of that two C prospect for a winger? When Minnesota has Danila Yurov and Liam ohgren who needs room? No thanks especially to trading Marat and a dman badly needed by Minnesota .
Why even trade all for a winger and have a 1st round pick winger in ohgren playing on 3rd and 4th line while making Minnesota worse at several positions? Especially Marat who kaprizov has struck a partnership/ friendship with?
One or the other, not both. Heidt probably has more value at this point, but I’d be perfectly fine with keeping Khus.

Middleton needs an extension & I’d rather they spend a bit more to target a real #2/#3 defenseman. Wild’s cap situation is in a spot where they should be bringing in a $7-8M defenseman rather than signing a #4/#5 guy to a $4M deal.

Farabee is on an Ek level contract & there is potential for significant +EV cap benefits from having him locked up for another 4 years at $5M.

Farabee also had the same ES P/60 as Boldy this season. I’d be perfectly fine with adding him at the expense of Middleton & a good forward prospect that we have an abundance of.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
He's RFA not UFA, get real

And if Necas just walks and we only get picks for him? What does that leave a team who wants to contend and is keeping Torts behind the bench?

Get real. Know the Flyers organization dude. They’re more likely to trade Farbee for an aging grinder.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
And if Necas just walks and we only get picks for him? What does that leave a team who wants to contend and is keeping Torts behind the bench?

Get real. Know the Flyers organization dude. They’re more likely to trade Farbee for an aging grinder.
For Gallagher ?

On a serious boat.

If the flyers were to acquire Necas, they'd likely want to talk to him first to see if there's an extension they can get in place beforehand, or what the numbers are like that he's looking at.

You'd hope, anyways... Ottawa.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife

Ok, the Flyers making bad trades doesn't fundamentally change the value of players

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I don't see why the Flyers move him unless they're going full scorched earth rebuild and collecting all the draft capital they can. But I suspect it's more a "Torts System" thing which would be quite bad if so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad