Injury Report: Joel Farabee Placed On IR With UBI - Out 4 Weeks (Jan. 21); Could return Feb. 26 (Feb. 18)

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
Right now Chuck Fletcher has his scouts searching every hockey rink in Minnesota for any player available and asking Kevin Hayes if he knows anybody willing to dress in order to fill out this roster.

I hope they stop to admire the massive Van de Velde banner hanging in Moorehead arena. He is in an Oiler jersey but classy.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Lindblom - Laughton - TK line is definitely worth watching. If they keep it up, they can be a solid #2 line for years to come.
So you build the 1st line around Farabee and Couts and the third line around Hayes and Frost next year.
So I'm watching whether the light goes on for Frost at some point.

You think Laughton has it in him to be a #2 center for years to come?

Scott...Laughton?

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Lindblom - Laughton - TK line is definitely worth watching. If they keep it up, they can be a solid #2 line for years to come.
So you build the 1st line around Farabee and Couts and the third line around Hayes and Frost next year.
So I'm watching whether the light goes on for Frost at some point.

Scott...Laughton?

So Frost with Cevin???? Shoot me already!

Reactions: Adtar02

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Scott...Laughton?

I said they're worth watching, I didn't say they're some sure thing.

I'm surprised how well they're playing, but sometimes a line has a certain chemistry, and they've been flying, creating scoring chances, dominating play. We're just not used to a line that can skate. :sarcasm:

Laughton is grossly underrated around here, he deserved his contract, he was really hit by COVID last year and started slow this year but seems to have hit his stride.
And TK is playing his best hockey as a Flyer, it may not show on the scoreboard as much as we'd like to see, but he's smarter, tougher and the motor never turns off.
Lindblom looks like he's finally back, the wuss let a little thing like cancer slow him for a year, can't imagine . . .

Reactions: Curufinwe

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I said they're worth watching, I didn't say they're some sure thing.

I'm surprised how well they're playing, but sometimes a line has a certain chemistry, and they've been flying, creating scoring chances, dominating play. We're just not used to a line that can skate. :sarcasm:

Laughton is grossly underrated around here, he deserved his contract, he was really hit by COVID last year and started slow this year but seems to have hit his stride.
And TK is playing his best hockey as a Flyer, it may not show on the scoreboard as much as we'd like to see, but he's smarter, tougher and the motor never turns off.
Lindblom looks like he's finally back, the wuss let a little thing like cancer slow him for a year, can't imagine . . .

Yeah, but you said that it could be the #2 line for years to come. With Laughton as that 2C.

Has this year been so traumatic that we are looking with optimism at the prospect of Laughton being 2C for years to come? Man, Fletcher really did ruin this team.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, unless there's a magical transformation, we know Frost isn't going to be a 2C anytime soon.

Right now, Laughton >> Frost, all you have to do is watch a game and see who jumps out at you.
Frost kinda reminds me of Vorobyev, in the sense that Vorobyev was good for one pretty pass a game (often from behind the net) then you wouldn't even notice he was there. Frost is a better player, but has the same issue of going MIA for long stretches.
You'd think a guy with Frost's speed would stand out on a regular basis, but he doesn't play up to that speed right now.

Laughton is less skilled, but he plays at top speed, is physical on the forecheck, along with Atkinson might be our best PK guy, and just seems to make things happen, even if he doesn't finish plays as much as you'd like.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Laughton was back in the AHL full time at Frost's age, and he was never unlucky enough to miss a whole season with injury to set back his development. If you're gonna big up 27 year old Scottie, then you should be cutting 22 year old Morgan some major slack.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Well, unless there's a magical transformation, we know Frost isn't going to be a 2C anytime soon.

Right now, Laughton >> Frost, all you have to do is watch a game and see who jumps out at you.
Frost kinda reminds me of Vorobyev, in the sense that Vorobyev was good for one pretty pass a game (often from behind the net) then you wouldn't even notice he was there. Frost is a better player, but has the same issue of going MIA for long stretches.
You'd think a guy with Frost's speed would stand out on a regular basis, but he doesn't play up to that speed right now.

Laughton is less skilled, but he plays at top speed, is physical on the forecheck, along with Atkinson might be our best PK guy, and just seems to make things happen, even if he doesn't finish plays as much as you'd like.

Frost reminds me of Laughton at the same age, except as a playmaker and better at defense.

Vorobyev eh? This is like comparing Ghost to Gus and MacDonald. Utter bullshit. You're very transparent in your need to denigrate players to justify bad management decisions.

It's weird, because you insisted Fletcher should be fired if he missed the playoffs consecutively.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Laughton was back in the AHL full time at Frost's age, and he was never unlucky enough to miss a whole season with injury to set back his development. If you're gonna big up 27 year old Scottie, then you should be cutting 22 year old Morgan some major slack.

I have cut Frost a lot of slack, I haven't given up on him, but a lot of posters, enamored with speed and skill, have overrated him.
My comparison has been Kyrou, who struggled like this at 21, then broke out at 22. Frost is behind b/c of that lost season.
I just want to see Frost pick it up the second half and give us hope for next season.

You should know better Beef, you pick fights for some reason, my comparison with Vorobyev was stylistic, I never said they were comparable as prospects.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I have cut Frost a lot of slack, I haven't given up on him, but a lot of posters, enamored with speed and skill, have overrated him.
My comparison has been Kyrou, who struggled like this at 21, then broke out at 22. Frost is behind b/c of that lost season.
I just want to see Frost pick it up the second half and give us hope for next season.

Who has overrated him? I haven't seen anyone do that.

I have seen people scourge him to try and dress up management being stupid.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

I remember majority of the exchanges being
"He's not a savior like you're acting he is!!!"
"I'm not saying he's a savior, I'm saying he's better than what we have up here now."

I don't think that's overrating.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
January 28

Flyers finally get some ‘good news’ on the injury front with Couturier, Hayes and more skating again

Sean Couturier (upper body), Kevin Hayes (adductor), Joel Farabee (upper body), Patrick Brown (MCL), Derick Brassard (hip), and Phantoms forward Tyson Foerster (shoulder) each made appearances on either Thursday or Friday.

“It’s weird to say that it’s good news that there’s a lot of people out there doing rehab skates, but it is compared to where we were a week ago,” interim head coach Mike Yeo said. “That’s encouraging. And obviously real hopeful that we can get some of these guys back. It would give our team a huge boost. The idea that there’s some guys that could be coming back, as far as the positive mindset for the group, I think that could be very encouraging.”​

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
January 28

Flyers finally get some ‘good news’ on the injury front with Couturier, Hayes and more skating again

Sean Couturier (upper body), Kevin Hayes (adductor), Joel Farabee (upper body), Patrick Brown (MCL), Derick Brassard (hip), and Phantoms forward Tyson Foerster (shoulder) each made appearances on either Thursday or Friday.

“It’s weird to say that it’s good news that there’s a lot of people out there doing rehab skates, but it is compared to where we were a week ago,” interim head coach Mike Yeo said. “That’s encouraging. And obviously real hopeful that we can get some of these guys back. It would give our team a huge boost. The idea that there’s some guys that could be coming back, as far as the positive mindset for the group, I think that could be very encouraging.”​
When they think they are ready, I'd sit them an extra 2 weeks, at least.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Farabee, who was placed on injured reserve Jan. 21, remains on track for his four-week recovery.
"He's still got a little bit of time before we see him in the lineup here," Yeo said.
Source: Jordan Hall

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Feb. 18:

Following Friday's practice, Yeo said Farabee is "getting close" and hasn't been ruled out for the Flyers' game next Saturday against the Capitals (12:30 p.m. ET/NBCSP).

Farabee still needs to be cleared for a full contact practice.​

Source: Jordan Hall

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad