Player Discussion Joel Edmundson - Will he stay or will he go? He stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
If he signs we might move Mete + Domi (+?) for an elite goal scorer with size. The first name that comes to mind is obviously Laine.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The JE thread keeps rolling along...

imagine if we land Laine!

No chance at landing Laine if Domi is not willing to sign in Winnipeg. Do you think he would? I'm not sure. Domi and Caufield is our only shot at Laine IMO. Would they take it and does Bergevin do it? No idea

Why did Domi fire his agent? My hunch tells me it's one of two things...
1) Domi was traded but the deal could only become official if he extended. His agent recommended to sign and Domi said screw that
2) Bergevin offered Domi an extension and his agent recommended to sign it and Domi said screw that.

Longer it takes with JE, it could mean he don't want to sign or we are waiting for another trade to be negotiated first.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
List the pairings and what year you are referring too? Markov, Subban, Emelin and then who? You have to pick a certain point in time too?
Im talking Chariot + Edmun is not better than Markov Emelin.
If you want to add weber with chariot and Subban with Markov , I still pick Subban for sure. Subban was always great in Montreal.

We are not progressing at all in our D squad , only Weber and Petry getting older

Reactions: Gains

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Markov-Subban was arguably the best pairing in the league

Yes but then crap after that. I'd be down for this though (See below)... Flip Byron for whatever and add a pick to clear the cap space. Trade Domi for the 8th pick (Quinn or Holtz) and sign Kovalchuk for one year as the bridge to Caufield. Space is tight but as long as you sign Edumndson to only 2 years, we can move things around and let guys go if we have to.

OEL / Petry
Chiarot / Weber
Romanov / Edmundson

Mete, Juulsen. * Kulak traded in the OEL package

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Markov-Subban was arguably the best pairing in the league

Yup... too bad then you had Tom Gilbert, Nathan Beaulieu, a washed-up Sergei Gonchar and Alexei Emelin as well. The only guy who knew how to hit properly was Emelin. Possibly one of the softest D ever assembled. Though I remember Subban, Diaz, Kaberle, Yannick Weber, Gorges and Emelin being quite something to behold as well.

Reactions: dralaf

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Im talking Chariot + Edmun is not better than Markov Emelin.
If you want to add weber with chariot and Subban with Markov , I still pick Subban for sure. Subban was always great in Montreal.

We are not progressing at all in our D squad , only Weber and Petry getting older

It's pointless to talk about one pairing and I see more value to the overall pairings. We are fine on the back end. Weber and Petry are around for a while yet and we have 7 or more guys who have to develop so it's dumb to be pessimistic on that. Let me guess... Remember Beaulieu and Tinordi? Beaulieu and Tinordi are more like Brook and Juulsen types.

Reactions: dralaf

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
It's pointless to talk about one pairing and I see more value to the overall pairings. We are fine on the back end. Weber and Petry are around for a while yet and we have 7 or more guys who have to develop so it's dumb to be pessimistic on that. Let me guess... Remember Beaulieu and Tinordi? Beaulieu and Tinordi are more like Brook and Juulsen types.
Dont worry i remember all awful Bergevin drafts. Juulsen for me is done and Brook is meh

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We also had Petry. Ask Dallas how it's working out for them by having the best 3 man d unit in the league and little depth after that.

Not sure what your exact point is cause I'm late to this conversation. But if you are asking me the importance of having 3 solid pairings? You don't need to convince me

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Our defense of:
Markov-Subban
Emelin-Petry
Beaulieu-Gonchar

was pretty damn good. Much better than what we have now.
Will always miss Subban being on the ice when habs scored a goal jumping in his teammate or when he scored and Markov was doing his russian face but at the end he smiled with him. Which was rare for Markov lol

Reactions: Gains
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad