Confirmed with Link: Joel Edmundson to Montreal for 2020 5th

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
The fawning over the FO is a little cringey. Justifying the logic behind a move in the aftermath is natural, but some have gone overboard in trying to spin decisions as savant-like. You're setting yourselves up for disappointment. They will make mistakes, just like other organizations; Jake Gardiner is already a pretty big whiff, at least at this point. Other fanbases have fallen in love with their team's executives and then fallen out of it. Jim Rutherford was making all the right moves 3 years ago and now people think he's lost it. The Borg will be the Derp at some point.

I think that you're misreading my posts, or maybe (this time on my end) I used exaggerated language to make a point about how nice it is to get something for nothing. I like our FO and how they operate. They need to make a couple of tweaks to the roster, however, if they want to finally beat our new hurdle and nemesis, Boston. A legit sniper like Patrik Laine to compete with Pastrnak would be HUGE, but those are hard to acquire.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Any time you can trade a pending UFA (who you're not resigning) for a free draft pick, you do it! Slepets was our 5th last year, Sellgren (who we were all pretty high on at the end of last year) was a 6th, Garland, Bear, T. Terry, and Gaudette were 5th rounders, Bratt & Marino were 6th rounders...they're long-shot darts but take them for free!!

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
i mentioned this in a main board thread, but there's going to be widespread copycatting of the stars formula as it pertains to their defense. i don't think there's a better constructed group in the league and the fact that they're winning that way. they waited a long time for oleksiak to turn into the bottom pairing guy he turned into, but they really emphasized the strength of their top 4 even when others seemed somewhat incredulous that they would keep them all instead of attempting to address their concerns up front. they're helped by the fact that though their forwards are over their prime, they're experienced and they know how to close out games and don't lose their cool in close games. comeau, cogliano, pavelski, perry, seguin, radulov.... not their first rodeo. jamie benn's resurgence has offset tyler seguin's disappearance to some extent, but if there was ever a team to finesse a few games into the win column that they probably didn't deserve, it's a team with low pulse veterans like this that truly embrace their edge in pure experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad