Joe Veleno. Suspended 5 games.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Something people complaining about the length of the suspension should probably know: the Disciplinary Panel that issued it has jurisdiction over the ongoing tournament and nothing else. They can't issue suspensions that carry over to the NHL, and they also can't ban anyone from IIHF events for life - the IIHF board would have to assign a special panel with that power to look into the case.

If this had happened in the NHL, and the department headed by Parros had given Veleno five games - yeah, it would have been laughably short. But here, the panel essentially threw the book at Veleno by giving him the max-length suspension they could.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Pathetic play and simply could have been the tournament and maybe more. On the brightside he sucks and likely doesnt represent his country again. I doubt Hockey Canada is any happier about that look than the fans are

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
He's on his way!

200w.gif
m0UG-cSZPvvOQLWuTKC770wHfOc=.gif

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Something people complaining about the length of the suspension should probably know: the Disciplinary Panel that issued it has jurisdiction over the ongoing tournament and nothing else. They can't issue suspensions that carry over to the NHL, and they also can't ban anyone from IIHF events for life - the IIHF board would have to assign a special panel with that power to look into the case.

If this had happened in the NHL, and the department headed by Parros had given Veleno five games - yeah, it would have been laughably short. But here, the panel essentially threw the book at Veleno by giving him the max-length suspension they could.
Great post. This should be pinned for reference because I don't think a lot of people know this about the IIHF.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Anyone that attempts the Matt Cooke Achilles Slicer move = life time ban. 5 games / one tournie is not enough..
I saw FiLe’s post and understand that this is the most they can do. Poo

Reactions: zar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad