Joe Thornton appreciation thread

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
I hate this thread :cry:

Never thought I'd see him leave, I'm sad but this is his last chance.. I will definitely jump on the Leafs wagon this coming season.

I hope he comes back the year after that for a 1 day contract if he decides to call it quits

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
jumboslide3_zps2ycd46wa.gif

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Jumbo coming to San Jose was such a huge thing for the growth of the game in this area. I don't think you can undersell what his presence here has meant for the growth in the fanbase, the fervor, and the trajectory of the sport in the Bay Area. So good luck next season Jumbo. Come back when you're done. There'll be a place waiting for you.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I am ok with him leaving, would i had rather him win with the sharks obviously.

What i am not ok with is the team he chose to try and do it with. Any other teams but vegas and toronto and i would be able to cheer for him. With toronto if they win the cup with thornton i don't know if i will be able to bring myself to have that same happy moment i had when bourque won his cup.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
I am ok with him leaving, would i had rather him win with the sharks obviously.

What i am not ok with is the team he chose to try and do it with. Any other teams but vegas and toronto and i would be able to cheer for him. With toronto if they win the cup with thornton i don't know if i will be able to bring myself to have that same happy moment i had when bourque won his cup.

The Leafs have so much top talent though, I'd even say they're bound to get that massive "choker" title in the future if that roster can't do any serious playoff pushes.

He's from St.Thomas orginally so he may have some connection in Ontario, but we'll probably never know

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
My favourite player of all time, grew up watching him play. Sad to see him go, but it was time for a change, team just can't play the system that compliments his playstyle. I wish him well and now grossly, I will cheer for the leafs for Thornton.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Helluva guy. Hope he comes back in some way to the organization.

Thanks for taking all the choking nonsense for all those years and still wanting to put on the teal sweater.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Jumbo is my favorite player ever. I think he is my favorite hockey person ever. I love that big guy! I am just too stunned to write more but I started to think that I was blessed to see Jumbo play thru the years. Go win that cup! Jumbo is and always be the best player ever to play for our franchise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad