Confirmed with Link: Joe Sacco named USA's HC for World Championships

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I hate to even ask this but is he mostly just hated by the fans but respected by others? Many people in the media say he will probably be fired but it's not his fault and deserves better. Now he's the head coach for the US team. I'm very surprised by this.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Should be alright as long as the team isn't terrible. Good for him though, he should move towards college hockey/younger guys like Dave Quinn.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Like I said countless times before, good for Sacco and he is a good guy.

But LOL as a USA fan, this is facepalm worthy.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
They could do better, surely? Maybe I've been saturated by Sacco's inadequacy but surely there aren't people responsible for this sort of appointment who think he's an acceptable choice here?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
So I guess Stastny won't be going.

Seriously. Good for Joe Sacco, but WTF?

That was the first thought that crossed my mind as well....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Welp, lets see what he can do with a team that has talent.

I don't like this, Its as if Sacco is actually thought to have a brain by the media and other hockey analysts etc.

Why do I get the feeling that some how, this is a sign were going to be dealing with this clown for another year.

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
Im starting to wonder if there is something we dont know about Sacco, all he gets hate around here for the most part (Im all over that). Yet the players supposedly think he is a good coach some media think he is a good coach, and I guess he is good enough to coach the national team...

Something is just not adding up somewhere.

anleva

Aug 2, 2005
Maybe the USA team is tanking and went out and got the best man for the job? Is there a valid reason to tank the World Championships? :shakehead

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Im starting to wonder if there is something we dont know about Sacco, all he gets hate around here for the most part (Im all over that). Yet the players supposedly think he is a good coach some media think he is a good coach, and I guess he is good enough to coach the national team...

Something is just not adding up somewhere.

Actually I don't think Sacco is that bad of a coach, it is just that he has lost his team and can't find a way to gain their full trust back.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
There are only two NHL teams that are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and Kevin Dineen is from Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad