Signing(s): Joe Panik with the Mets

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You would hope this is only to have a vet for depth over Guillorme and Hechavarria but Mets management still being Met management they’ll probably play him everyday :P

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
No surprise they signed Panik and I guess Hech had to go because they need the outfielders (Altherr has no business in the majors, now that Rajai Davis is healthy in AAA he should be up)

Edit: Apparently if Hech stayed on MLB roster for one more day he was due a $1 million bonus, so that explains it better :D

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
He's always been a decent hitter. Good pickup for a Mets team that is suddenly in the wild card chase.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Slashing .333/.379.444/.824 since joining the Mets. Now getting a chance to play every day with McNeil out and has been successful in the 2-hole, protected by Alonso.

Great pickup by the Mets. Hopefully he can continue playign well until the Mets get Davis/McNeil back, and then should be a great bench player for the stretch run.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Slashing .333/.379.444/.824 since joining the Mets. Now getting a chance to play every day with McNeil out and has been successful in the 2-hole, protected by Alonso.

Great pickup by the Mets. Hopefully he can continue playign well until the Mets get Davis/McNeil back, and then should be a great bench player for the stretch run.

I’m not sure he goes to the bench. Could be Todd Frazier and move McNeil to 3B.

Been a very nice pickup so far.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
I’m not sure he goes to the bench. Could be Todd Frazier and move McNeil to 3B.

Been a very nice pickup so far.

Frazier 3B / McNeil 2B vs lefties and McNeil 3B / Panik 2B aginst righties might make sense. Frazier's career splits don't indicate he hits lefties any better than righties, but this might be a sensible compromise since I expect Mickey will pull out all the stops to keep Frazier's dea dbat in the lineup.

I expect a similar situation with Lagares/Nimmo in CF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad