Injury Report: Joe Burrow Out for the Season Torn Ligament

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
1700250275686.jpeg

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Ugh that is rough news, I like Burrow even if he is a Bengal, Too bad Watson couldn't have just gotten hurt twice. Not that this should have any lasting effects but glad he got paid before this happened

• Love
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah. Rodgers with an Achilles, cousins with an Achilles, Watson with a shoulder, Jones with an ACL, Richardson with a shoulder.
Not to mention Murray is just returning after missing half the year with an ACL from last season.

Biggest fear of the nfl is losing QBs. Having Wilson, what would have been Hall, DTR, Taloryand then Minchew and now Browning QB those teams isn’t exactly great for a prime time slot.

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
At this point there’s going to be like 3 or 4 really interesting teams and then bunch on boring.

……k this injury

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
It hasnt happened yet but I wonder what the odds were before the year if you parlayed the Bills and Bengals to miss the playoffs? This injury actually helps the Bills though. Killer loss for the Bengals. Maybe they can draft high enough now to draft a decent offensive lineman.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
It hasnt happened yet but I wonder what the odds were before the year if you parlayed the Bills and Bengals to miss the playoffs? This injury actually helps the Bills though. Killer loss for the Bengals. Maybe they can draft high enough now to draft a decent offensive lineman.

Or a replacement WR for Higgins

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Or a replacement WR for Higgins
This was posted on the Flyers board and while both of these metrics arent perfect by the eye test most of these teams match their spot on this chart. I wrote in the thread yesterday he was going to get killed last night, he has getting hit hard that 1st quarter. Though that hit by Clowney wasnt terrible compared to the ones earlier. I think they can survive with Chase and Boyd if they upgrade their offensive line. Higgins is a huge loss but doesnt really matter if his Burrow isnt out there cause he keeps getting killed.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This was posted on the Flyers board and while both of these metrics arent perfect by the eye test most of these teams match their spot on this chart. I wrote in the thread yesterday he was going to get killed last night, he has getting hit hard that 1st quarter. Though that hit by Clowney wasnt terrible compared to the ones earlier. I think they can survive with Chase and Boyd if they upgrade their offensive line. Higgins is a huge loss but doesnt really matter if his Burrow isnt out there cause he keeps getting killed.

I’ve been on about their offensive line from the beginning. That they’ve had the success they have had is wild.

Reactions: Halladay

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
It hasnt happened yet but I wonder what the odds were before the year if you parlayed the Bills and Bengals to miss the playoffs?
As someone that bet heavy against Allen/Buffalo to start the year, I'm in at +220 for Bills miss (+225?). I believe the Bengals (who I was high on) had fairly similar odds. Assuming Cincinnati was between +200 and +250, you're looking at like +850 to +1000 more or less. i.e. as much as 10:1.

Reactions: Halladay

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Over-expanded league that doesn't have enough quality offensive linemen to protect its most important assets. But Rog will continue to talk expansion and we'll get to enjoy a league of Zach Wilsons.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Yeah. Rodgers with an Achilles, cousins with an Achilles, Watson with a shoulder, Jones with an ACL, Richardson with a shoulder.
Not to mention Murray is just returning after missing half the year with an ACL from last season.

Biggest fear of the nfl is losing QBs. Having Wilson, what would have been Hall, DTR, Taloryand then Minchew and now Browning QB those teams isn’t exactly great for a prime time slot.

Why did you mention Daniel Jones?

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Sucks for Bengals fans. Sadly, they are likely done for the year with that brutal schedule they have to finish. Let's hope they fix that OL once and for all because Burrow is a gem, and they can't keep letting him get injured like they have.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I'd say the NFL is gonna change the rules to make QBs more untouchable but of all the starter injuries I think only Richardson and Watson were contact related. Rodgers, Cousins, Jones, Burrow all non-contact.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I'd say the NFL is gonna change the rules to make QBs more untouchable but of all the starter injuries I think only Richardson and Watson were contact related. Rodgers, Cousins, Jones, Burrow all non-contact.

Burrow’s was either cause by or significantly worsened by a hit he took.

Wasn’t a bad hit or anything, but it did look like he jammed his wrist going down.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Burrow’s was either cause by or significantly worsened by a hit he took.

Wasn’t a bad hit or anything, but it did look like he jammed his wrist going down.
Watson's shoulder injury came from contact, but they're not sure if it came from him running or him getting hit in the pocket.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad