Joe Bowen (Leafs Radio Broadcaster) Becomes Irate About How Quiet Leafs Fans Are With A Few Minutes Left Of G3

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
As long as the team charges prices that forces a lot of fans out of the lower bowl you're going to hear this complaint.

I'd love for my diehard Leafs fans to get a chance at a regular season game, let alone a playoff game. What was it, $1000+ / ticket down below?

Love Joe, but don't call out the fans for not stepping up.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
The crowd was quite, normally Leafs fans are much better then that.

Reactions: Devonator

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Crowd was good when they had something to cheer about. It’s not necessarily a Toronto thing. Happens all over. Maybe they’re a little more reactionary than other crowds, but definitely not the only crowd to ever get down when their team collapses

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
As long as the team charges prices that forces a lot of fans out of the lower bowl you're going to hear this complaint.

I'd love for my diehard Leafs fans to get a chance at a regular season game, let alone a playoff game. What was it, $1000+ / ticket down below?

Love Joe, but don't call out the fans for not stepping up.

They should gift the whole arena for a playoff series or 2.

It would drag the NHL's Hockey Related Revenue down so much Phoenix/Arizona/Utah/whatever their name is now fold due to lack of funding by Toronto.

I wonder how many playoff Leafs home games would generate the same revenue that Mullet Arena generated this past year, or whatever the arena in Sunrise is called, or a few others in the league.

I'd put the over/under at 2.5 home games in the playoffs generating as much revenue as 41 home games for Arizona and/or Florida this past year.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

It would drag the NHL's Hockey Related Revenue down so much Phoenix/Arizona/Utah/whatever their name is now fold due to lack of funding by Toronto.

I wonder how many playoff Leafs home games would generate the same revenue that Mullet Arena generated this past year, or whatever the arena in Sunrise is called, or a few others in the league.

I'd put the over/under at 2.5 home games in the playoffs generating as much revenue as 41 home games for Arizona and/or Florida this past year.
Glad you have so much pride in helping rich people get richer.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I wrote like 25 words.

If that is a "big tangent", then I don't know how to respond to you.

Let me give it a shot:

Toronto goalie bad.
Toronto power play bad.
Refs bad.
Boston goalie good.
You're getting kind of defensive about this.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
It was pretty pathetic when you see there were more empty seats on the lower level than fans at the start of 2nd and 3rd.
It happened with the Raptors in Game 5 of the Finals at the start of the 2nd half, a game where they could win the Championship.
Having said that, they were losing 3-2 and just got a penalty. Should they cheered?

BB79

Apr 30, 2011

I found it!
GL-ZUyyWEAAuzNR.jpg

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012

I’d say maybe worry about your team winning a round against the Bruins first.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Leafs fund those teams and more. I'd also bet Saturday nights' game will have higher ratings than the Finals rematch between FLA and VGS.

I asked my 71 year old father if he wanted to go to a Leafs game (he's a huge fan and loves the Leafs, watching them and the Jays every day) and when he saw the ticket prices he said, 'naw, go to Hawaii instead with that kind of money.'

You can actually do a roundtrip flight to Hawaii for two from Thursday - Tuesday cheaper than the cheapest pair of lower bowl tickets for Saturday night.

Now take the money you'll spend on dinner and drinks and put that towards the AirBnb lol.

OR for one game, take the fans in the lower bowl and put them out in Maple Leaf Square and then tell the Maple Leaf square crowd to populate the lower bowl. Chaos would ensue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad