Joe B and Craig

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
like them both, however, theyre both getting pretty long in the tooth and i wouldnt be shocked if one or both gets replaced in the near future.

lockerisms still amuse as well as befuddle, joe still has his head up looking to create as well.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I like Joe B for sure, I like Locker's jokes but he gets on my nerves when he goes in full homer mode.
Regardless, we're lucky to have these two guys call games for us.

Walton is good but he gets way too excited when we score.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
They are the reason why I pay 150$ per year. :sarcasm: Well it's a joke, without beeing a joke :laugh: Like them both, I'm pretty pissed when the games are on NBC.

For those who says that they're homers. You need to watch some Boston, Pittsburgh, Toronto games, then you'll change your mind :laugh:

thelebaron

Feb 25, 2013
san franfrisco
Well I mean homers in a good way, definitely in favor of the team, but they're usually fair in their assessment of things.
Dear god im glad we dont have to listen to that guy from boston.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Well I mean homers in a good way, definitely in favor of the team, but they're usually fair in their assessment of things.
Dear god im glad we dont have to listen to that guy from boston.

I love Jack Edwards. He's probably the biggest homer in the league but he's highly entertaining and he seems self-aware about his reputation around the league.

Also Joe B and Locker are both in the top third of the league IMO. Hope they stick around for a while.

MEfreak

Nov 29, 2015
I voted like Joe B, dislike Locker. But its really like Joe B, meh on Locker. As a duo, in the top 20 pct. Since I cant think of many color commentators I enjoy listening to, maybe I just have a deeper issue and cant be pleased.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I love Jack Edwards. He's probably the biggest homer in the league but he's highly entertaining and he seems self-aware about his reputation around the league.

Also Joe B and Locker are both in the top third of the league IMO. Hope they stick around for a while.

That's true, Edwards is aware that most non-Bruins fans find him annoying. That's not the case for Steigerwald.

AIRAQ7

Jun 26, 2015
Soon...closer
I voted like Joe B, dislike Locker. But its really like Joe B, meh on Locker. As a duo, in the top 20 pct. Since I cant think of many color commentators I enjoy listening to, maybe I just have a deeper issue and cant be pleased.

Agreed....although I would add...I prefer to see May in with Joe B more often and Locker can be more of a studio guy with Johnson (I think that's his name, the goalie guy) which he has developed quite well in relating goalie insights in the last year or so.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Joe B is a great pbp guy and Locker does his job as the local homer cheerleader very well. I'll just say that.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I like them both.

Best local broadcast team since LiL Danny broke up Sonny, Sam and Frank.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Locker tempers this homerism pretty well but being a homer is part of the job. But his analysis and eye for details is still pretty good. His voice used to strike a nerve but not anymore.

I don't like his daughter moving into replace him.... when it happens one day, I want new blood, not family blood.

Walton could use to vary his goal calls... too predictable at this point. It's ok to change, he has made the bigs. I always like the Pitt goal calls... michael michael motorcycle... beat him like a rented mule - good calls help keep the game fun.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Locker tempers this homerism pretty well but being a homer is part of the job. But his analysis and eye for details is still pretty good. His voice used to strike a nerve but not anymore.

I don't like his daughter moving into replace him.... when it happens one day, I want new blood, not family blood.

Walton could use to vary his goal calls... too predictable at this point. It's ok to change, he has made the bigs. I always like the Pitt goal calls... michael michael motorcycle... beat him like a rented mule - good calls help keep the game fun.

Courtney has her father's annoying voice without his hockey knowledge. I hope she never works in the booth next to Joe B.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Joe B is a good play-by-play guy but his voice is grating AF especially when he gets excited. The Wiz and Caps broadcast teams have been subpar for years. Now we've developed a taste for them much like trashy people develop a taste for garbage food. Would prefer if they were all better but we probably don't deserve it since we suck in general...

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Joe B is a good play-by-play guy but his voice is grating AF especially when he gets excited. The Wiz and Caps broadcast teams have been subpar for years. Now we've developed a taste for them much like trashy people develop a taste for garbage food. Would prefer if they were all better but we probably don't deserve it since we suck in general...

Caps announce team being subpar is a minority opinion. Most people (other teams included), praise Joe B/Lock often.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I'd take them over about 75% of US NHL broadcast crews, but behind almost every Canadian broadcast crew.

Joe B is pretty good. Laughlin is underwhelming. I'd probably enjoy the broadcast more if Locker was replaced by Alan May.

Ozolinsh_27

Apr 1, 2005
I will take a Joe B called Caps game over any other network doing a Caps game. I find Joe B and Craig pretty tame in comparison in terms of homerism.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I like both. Hated Locker's voice at first, but I agree he's fairly tame in his homerism, at least as compared to his peers.

Joe B I think is a strong play by play guy, however watch him call another hockey team or even another sport. He makes it all generic in his delivery. I'd prefer some distinct difference in his delivery for the home team. It feels like he could call a chess match or an arm wrestling match and I'd never know the difference.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
I'd miss Alan breaking things down in the studio, but I think he'd be good in the booth. I'd definitely give him a shot.

OV Rocks

Jan 5, 2014
Beach with Beer
Joe B and Locker >>>> Doc and Eddie O

Local vs National I know but gotta love Joe B and Locker, throw me some Alan May to spice things up. Good group of guys the Caps got I think.

John Walton is the GOAT though get that man on TV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad