News Article: Jody Shelley Retires and joins CBJ Front Office

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Per Dave Isaac http://blogs.courierpostonline.com/...-shelley-retires-joins-columbus-front-office/

Jody Shelley decided last month that the time was right to retire after three years of junior hockey, four years in the minors and 11 years in the NHL. He was ready to hang up the gloves after more than 1,500 minutes in the penalty box. Now, he is coming home. Shelley, who played for the Blue Jackets from 2000 to ’08, is rejoining the organization, this time in a front-office capacity.

The announcement could come as soon as today. “The job sounds like a little bit of media and a little bit of everything else,” Shelley said last night. “It’s exciting for me.” In part, Shelley will fill a void left by the semi-retirement of radio voice George Matthews, who will call only a limited number of games next season. Bob McElligott will slide over to the play-by-play chair, and Shelley will handle some of the color commentator work for home games.

The job description is still being formulated — and growing. Shelley might be between the benches as a second analyst on the TV side. He might do some television work during intermissions. He might be involved with coach Todd Richards’ weekly radio show. Certainly, he will be used in an ambassador capacity on the business side and with community outreach initiatives. It is one of his strengths. - [/url]

- See more at: http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com...ackets-front-office.html#sthash.xKr3Bwxr.dpuf

Last edited by a moderator:

flyersguy33*

BEST. NEWS. EVER. So long Jody. Won't miss you. Goodluck in your new role

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Jody Shelley was a good guy. Not his fault Holmgren gave him a million dollar deal for what he brought to the table. Good luck to him in his future endeavors. Might end up becoming a real good hockey personnel guy like Dave Brown is.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Homer will have to draft Klotz types in the second round now, just to stay ahead of the Jackets:sarcasm:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I wonder how much CBJ is paying him. Think their boards are freaking out because he is getting a couple hundred thousand more than he deserves? :sarcasm:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I wonder how much CBJ is paying him. Think their boards are freaking out because he is getting a couple hundred thousand more than he deserves? :sarcasm:

A couple hundred thousand? It was more like a 1 contract spot, 1 roster spot, and 1.1 million more than he deserved.

I'm glad the last remnants of the utter disaster known as the 2010 Offseason are now gone for good.

Codith

Aug 31, 2010
It makes me feel old, I remember watching Jody captain the Mooseheads back in the day when I was a kid. Guy is 100% class, amazing team mate, and amazing human being. Wish him the best

RonHextall27

Mar 12, 2008
Halifax, NS
It makes me feel old, I remember watching Jody captain the Mooseheads back in the day when I was a kid. Guy is 100% class, amazing team mate, and amazing human being. Wish him the best

If that makes you feel old, I played against him in minor hockey lol. He was actually a pretty good scorer in his pre mooseheads day, had reach for days and never quit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad