Jody Shelley Appreciation Thread

RJ8812*

Today at noon officially ends the tenure of the greatest Philadelphia Flyer ever

20375.jpg

Jody "Superstar" Shelley

The skill and determiantion displayed in those 2 goals taken from so many he scored as a Flyer are just the tip of the iceberg to what he gave us when he laced up his skates to hit the ice.

I simply cannot believe it's over. We were so blessed to have such an amazing physical speciment and talent on this roster for 3 seasons. I know I'm not the only one that can't wait to see his #45 raised to the Well Fargo Centre rafters.

God bless you Jody!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jody's character in the room is stuff of legends.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Superstar is out?

Damn.

And we only signed Rosehill for 0.68m.

What a ripoff that we're not getting our 1.00m+ press-box hero this year.

RJ8812*

to be honest, his two goals he scored as a Flyer were pretty nice lol

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
I appreciate... that he's no longer a Flyer.

I appreciate... that he's no longer overpaid by the Flyers.

I appreciate... that he won't be in the team photo.

I appreciate... that he might be good in the room, and that's where he should have stayed.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Good Manitoba boy :handclap: Cant blame him for accepting that ridiculous contract. Wouldn't be surprised if he stays is some capacity ?

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Still, I laughed for like 5 minutes when he blocked Byfuglien's shot to go score a bomb right after in Atlanta. Great moments.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The signing was a horrabad cap hit. I am still sure they only watched only the games he played vs us when he was a Rag.

However, hopefully he can stay on in some capacity, guy seemed very well liked and a good guy. His snipes were awesome though... makes you realise how he got so many points at Jr's!

SgtJoseph*

Always heard nothing but good things about Jody from his mates, I know he is really loved up in Columbus by the fans for all of the community work he has done etc........I wish him all the best !

JoeFlyer

Jul 3, 2011
UK
Best part of the Atlanta goal up there is the commentary. Once he blocks the short his voice gets excited for a second about the breakaway chance before returning to normal at he realises it’s Shelley about to shoot :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad