Job Listing: Habs play-by-play for TSN 690

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Dunno if this has been discussed elsewhere, the job opening was posted Thu Sept 18, application period is until Oct 1:

Montreal Canadiens Play-by-Play Announcer - TSN 690 BELL MEDIA

Microphone.jpg

Good luck guys!

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I would like to be the announcer for scrimmages as they are the only games that matter for determining the success of a player.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Sucks that they require 2 years of experience prior to applying.

I'll never get a job like this because I don't have experience. I don't have experience because I never can get a job like this. Oh well... would have been fun.

Welcome to the life of any newly graduated college student. :laugh:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

I'll never get a job like this because I don't have experience. I don't have experience because I never can get a job like this. Oh well... would have been fun.

Most people in this field have done play by play for universities, major junior etc... have you tried this route?

pine*

Mike Ross doesn't have a law degree, yet it didn't prevent him from practicing law at Pearson-Spector

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
What happened to Bartlett?

He's gone to TV.

It must be some Bell policy to post all positions on their career website, because there is ZERO chance that someone is hired for that position from an online application.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

Try starting with a local team, Junior AAA or such. They will welcome the publicity and the exposure and are willing to give the chance to beginners. Midget AAA could be an option as well.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Dunno if this has been discussed elsewhere, the job opening was posted Thu Sept 18, application period is until Oct 1:

Montreal Canadiens Play-by-Play Announcer - TSN 690 BELL MEDIA

Microphone.jpg

Good luck guys!

I'd try for the job, just for an opportunity to slap Tony Marinaro in the back of the head. :sarcasm:

Following continued references to the month of "Settember", I had the unfortunate experience of catching his interview with football expert Barry Barnes this morning -- and Marinaro repeating ad nauseam, the Seattle "See-ox". :sarcasm:

But, I digress. Lots of media and public figure hirings this year around the Habs, when you consider the Bell Centre's recent quest for an in-game hostess/interviewer and anthem singer.

Have the Habs hinted at anything about who got the anthem gig or when it might be announced?

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
He's gone to TV.

It must be some Bell policy to post all positions on their career website, because there is ZERO chance that someone is hired for that position from an online application.

You'd likely also have to submit an audition tape or something showing your broadcasting proficiency. Even if they received a resume from the voice of the Milwaukee Admirals or the North Dakota Fighting Sioux you'd want to actually hear them before you met them in person.

I think it will also be someone local/regional (Quebec/maritimes/Ontario). I don't see an American getting this job. A good candidate IMO would have been Derek Wills, the former Bulldogs guy but the took a job with the Calgary Flames.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad