Joakim Ryan

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Kid is an absolute monster. I posted about him on the prospect thread in more detail but he is really deserving of his own thread here. He should be the next call-up and he will likely claim a 3rd pairing spot. He plays with some much confidence and poise, it's incredible.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Thanks for all the info on Ryan.

Do you think he can possibly be a ultra-lite version of Boyle. i.e QB the 2nd PP unit and be defensively good enough to anchor the 3rd D pairing?

Hopefully improve enough in 2-3 years (will still only be 25) that he can be a top-4 D-man? Or is that a big stretch?

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013

No problem.

Do you think he can possibly be a ultra-lite version of Boyle. i.e QB the 2nd PP unit and be defensively good enough to anchor the 3rd D pairing?

Yes. Ryan is already a minute muncher for the 'Cuda. Boyle is actually a nice stylistic comparison that I hadn't thought of. Both move the puck so well, and both have nice vision.

Hopefully improve enough in 2-3 years (will still only be 25) that he can be a top-4 D-man? Or is that a big stretch?

At the rate his development is going, that is not a stretch at all. Top4 is probably his ceiling though. I don't see him as that guy that can be a #1-2, but in 2-3 years I imagine that Roy will be groomed for that position. :)

Also, how can you not like this guy?
ef7362022b60db75b9f4128d4cf26da0.png

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

I think top 4 is a big stretch but Ryan has good vision and passing abilities and if they change the way the 2nd PP unit is run he could be a good option there.

The way Mougenal runs the D, the top two pairings tend to get pretty close to equal TOI and that's been (at times) Mueller-Ryan and Stollery-DeMelo.

Ryan has been the best of the group.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna