JM Fantasy League - Discussion

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Welcome to the new league, everyone.

If anyone's still wondering why a new league will be starting; A) The lockout killed everything. Right when the lockout was over about 10 GM's were still interested in the league and that's the way it's been since. The lockout also brought in the new salary cap, which is much lower than the previous one and I'm not sure I have a solid solution to bring those teams over the new cap back down. B) It's getting boring for me to keep running it. With 10 GM's out of 30 I'm sure everyone should understand that one. C) After (almost) four seasons of this I feel like it's a good time to pull the plug. Most league's don't last past the original draft so I'm happy I was able to keep it going for a good period of time and hopefully with new rules and more committed GM's this one will go for just as long, if not longer.

Why the draft is starting now? I will be too busy in the summer to be able to update the draft chart & cap central and I would also like to get most of the draft completed by exam time which is why it starts now.

ThreadsDraft Thread - http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1345015
Cap Central Thread - http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1345031

RULES *EVERYONE READ, PLEASE*
* This is a 30 team league, as usual
* Snake draft (Last team to pick in the 1st round will get the first pick in the 2nd round, and so on)
* Draft will last 32 rounds, 22 on your main roster (12F, 6D, 1G) + Press Box (3 EXTRAS) and 10 non-roster players that can be added in for injured/scratched players
* You will have 2 hours to make your pick. If you fail to do so you will be given a warning and your pick will be skipped until the end of the round.
* How do warnings work? You will be handed 3 warnings.. if you use all 3 I will entertain the option to replace you unless you have a good history with me or a good reason for why I shouldn't.
* Clock freezes at 1:00 AM ET - 9:00 AM ET (no time limit on picks, although picks can still be made during this time if you are online)
* To avoid being skipped or given a warning, it would be smart to send in a list of players for someone to select for you.
* Who can you draft? Anyone who is property of an NHL team. That means anyone other than undrafted NCAA's, Entry Draft eligible players (MacKinnon, Jones), or overseas players (KHL, SEL etc..)
* IMPORTANT: You can make trades although if you trade 3 picks in a deal you HAVE to be getting back 3 as well. This is so all teams end up with the same amount of players out of the Main Draft. The reason I'm doing this is because no one wants to take over a team that has 10 players on their roster. This is a problem we've had in the past league that I think will make a major difference in activity.
* Please keep trades fair. I have the power to overturn a trade if it is Malkin for Corey Potter + 2nd bad. I won't bother with one's that are "meh", but that's my decision and I expect no one to complain about it if it happens to you.
* Salary cap is the same as the NHL, $64,300,000. Do not exceed it and be aware of your cap situation, make picks accordingly.
* We are going by capgeek.com numbers
* This is a points league, not a sim league. Still undecided between yahoo or pickuphockey for where stats will be kept.

Welcome to the new league, everyone.

If anyone's still wondering why a new league will be starting; A) The lockout killed everything. Right when the lockout was over about 10 GM's were still interested in the league and that's the way it's been since. The lockout also brought in the new salary cap, which is much lower than the previous one and I'm not sure I have a solid solution to bring those teams over the new cap back down. B) It's getting boring for me to keep running it. With 10 GM's out of 30 I'm sure everyone should understand that one. C) After (almost) four seasons of this I feel like it's a good time to pull the plug. Most league's don't last past the original draft so I'm happy I was able to keep it going for a good period of time and hopefully with new rules and more committed GM's this one will go for just as long, if not longer.

Why the draft is starting now? I will be too busy in the summer to be able to update the draft chart & cap central and I would also like to get most of the draft completed by exam time which is why it starts now.

Threads
Draft Thread - http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1345015
Cap Central Thread - http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1345031

RULES *EVERYONE READ, PLEASE*
* This is a 30 team league, as usual
* Snake draft (Last team to pick in the 1st round will get the first pick in the 2nd round, and so on)
* Draft will last 32 rounds, 22 on your main roster (12F, 6D, 1G) + Press Box (3 EXTRAS) and 10 non-roster players that can be added in for injured/scratched players
* You will have 2 hours to make your pick. If you fail to do so you will be given a warning and your pick will be skipped until the end of the round.
* How do warnings work? You will be handed 3 warnings.. if you use all 3 I will entertain the option to replace you unless you have a good history with me or a good reason for why I shouldn't.
* Clock freezes at 1:00 AM ET - 9:00 AM ET (no time limit on picks, although picks can still be made during this time if you are online)
* To avoid being skipped or given a warning, it would be smart to send in a list of players for someone to select for you.
* Who can you draft? Anyone who is property of an NHL team. That means anyone other than undrafted NCAA's, Entry Draft eligible players (MacKinnon, Jones), or overseas players (KHL, SEL etc..)
* IMPORTANT: You can make trades although if you trade 3 picks in a deal you HAVE to be getting back 3 as well. This is so all teams end up with the same amount of players out of the Main Draft. The reason I'm doing this is because no one wants to take over a team that has 10 players on their roster. This is a problem we've had in the past league that I think will make a major difference in activity.
* Please keep trades fair. I have the power to overturn a trade if it is Malkin for Corey Potter + 2nd bad. I won't bother with one's that are "meh", but that's my decision and I expect no one to complain about it if it happens to you.
* Salary cap is the same as the NHL, $64,300,000. Do not exceed it and be aware of your cap situation, make picks accordingly.
* We are going by capgeek.com numbers
* This is a points league, not a sim league. Stats are kept on ESPN

NHL Team | General Manager
Anaheim| Gordo221
Boston| Alberta Oilfire
Buffalo| MPStoEberletoHall
Calgary| DonutLee
Carolina| BillyVanilly
Chicago| dustyrockon
Colorado| Dr John Carlson
Columbus| CBJ All The Way
Dallas| sully61
Detroit| TheNudge
Edmonton| Iggy
Florida| OhioState2015
Los Angeles| SENSations
Minnesota| osu1
Montreal| Dynamic Duo 934
Nashville| ReimerForPM
New Jersey| RogueStatus
NY Islanders| JI123
NY Rangers| MollyMollyOxenFree
Ottawa| Cujomi
Philadelphia| TBLBrian
Phoenix| reffree
Pittsburgh| MarkusNaslund19
San Jose|VanIslander
St. Louis| Joey Moss
Tampa Bay| PavelD13
Toronto| Chandrashekhar Limit
Vancouver| MarkusNaslund19
Washington| caps4cup
Winnipeg| 4thLinePlug

WAITING LIST

You're drafting off of PPG, SHG, GWG, G, A, +/-, Blocked Shots, Hits, TOI, PIM's

Last edited:

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Nope, he hasn't. Good pick.

Leddy is a good pick but not that great when you bring hits,blocks....
The only thing Leddy is good at is getting a A and at times getting a goal.
The thing that will suck is that Leddy is on is last year of is rookie contract.
Will anyone do a cheap shot like they did with N.H.? If you wanted a young offensive D then you got a great D but like I said doesn't cover alot of categories we're using. Still a very decent pick.

But that Voynov pick was a great one since he cover more categories and becoming a stud in LA and still on a cheap contract.

Just my 5 cent!! :sarcasm:

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Sharp - Couture - Horton
Hartnell - Elias - Purcell

Kulikov - XXXXX

Rask

So much better than the team I drafted in 2009 lol

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Yeah, gotta say I'm really impressed with my friend choosing Voynov. Was hoping he'd last a little longer but was honestly shocked he didn't go like 3 rounds ago.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Upcoming picks:

Philadelphia - On the clock until 10:51PM EST (Has been PM'ed)
Columbus
Toronto
Toronto
Detroit
Carolina
Edmonton

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
xxx-Backstrom-Lupul
xxx-Galchenyuk-Stewart
xxx-Couturier-xxx
xxx-xxx-xxx

xxx-Byfuglien
xxx-Green
xxx-Carlson

Holtby
xxx

Thoughts so far? Thanks in advance!

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
xxx-Backstrom-Lupul
xxx-Galchenyuk-Stewart
xxx-Couturier-xxx
xxx-xxx-xxx

xxx-Byfuglien
xxx-Green
xxx-Carlson

Holtby
xxx

Thoughts so far? Thanks in advance!

looks good, i'm still not sold on Holtby and you have a few too many caps lol. If they go cold one week your whole team will if we do head to head

how about me:
#53 Jeff Skinner - #91 John Tavares - #48 Danny Briere
XXX- #42 Artem Anisimov - XXX
XXX - XXX - XXX
XXX- XXX - XXX

#25 Matt Carle - Marc-Eduard Vlasic
XXX - XXX
XXX - XXX

#30 Henrik Lundqvist

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
looks good, i'm still not sold on Holtby and you have a few too many caps lol. If they go cold one week your whole team will if we do head to head

how about me:
XXX - XXX - XXX
XXX- XXX - XXX

XXX - XXX
XXX - XXX

#30 Henrik Lundqvist

Skinner, Tavares, and Lundqvist are great backbones for your team. Briere is also a very solid top line option. Carle will give you good points for a D, and Vlasic should only get better. Not sold on Anisimov being a 2C but he should also only improve.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Upcoming picks:

Toronto - GM has been PM'ed
Toronto
Detroit
Carolina
Edmonton
Florida
Ottawa
Ottawa

I'm available to take lists if any of the upcoming GM's aren't going to be around. I don't pick for a while so I won't steal your players lol

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009

how about me:
XXX - XXX - XXX
XXX- XXX - XXX

XXX - XXX
XXX - XXX

#30 Henrik Lundqvist

This seems like an injury prone team to me so far....

The scariest line up posted thus far goes to MollyMollyOxenFree! So well rounded imo. And Purcell is beast , 2 , 50+ point seasons back to back and is 15 in 15 this season.... good pace for potentially another 50 point season.

Taylor Hall - Nazem Kadri - xx
Tyler Ennis - xx - Derek Dorsett

Keith Yandle - Tyler Myers
Raphael Diaz

Jonathan Quick

What do you guys think so far? I am drafting younger considering it will be a keeper league.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008

The scariest line up posted thus far goes to MollyMollyOxenFree! So well rounded imo. And Purcell is beast , 2 , 50+ point seasons back to back and is 15 in 15 this season.... good pace for potentially another 50 point season.

Raphael Diaz

Jonathan Quick

What do you guys think so far? I am drafting younger considering it will be a keeper league.

Thanks!

Hall/Kadri/Yandle/Myers/Quick is a solid foundation for your team. Looking forward to see how you finish off your roster.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010

Raphael Diaz

Jonathan Quick

Good young roster. Think you may have been able to do better than Dorsett and Diaz though this early.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Diaz may have been early but he's valuable in this league. Putting up some nice numbers this year and he's a good shot blocker.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Diaz may have been early but he's valuable in this league. Putting up some nice numbers this year and he's a good shot blocker.

Yeah definitely, if he keeps at this pace. Depends whether this is the real him, or last year was. I like the way he plays though, in the limited times I've seen him.

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
Looking at all of those teams ive got to say TBL is the best! Skinner and Tavares on the same team is just NASTY! He has a solid D core and to finish it up he has Hank! Very balanced team and will compete every year!

large.png

Roster

______ - J Carter - P Kessel

______ -J Huberdeau- ______

______ - B Sutter- ______

PK Subban - J Wisnewski

______ - ______

______ - ______

Pekka Rinne
______

Last edited:

TheNudge