Confirmed with Link: Jiri Sekac traded for Devante Smith-Pelly Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Sekac was 72nd in KHL scoring last year, tied with Randy Robitaille and behind Tim Brent, so people are exagering his offensive potential.

DSP was 14th in the AHL in goals in only 55 games. 5th in the league in goals per game, Mike Hoffman is one of the guys ahead of him.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
As i said few posts back , this smells a lot like Max Pac part 2 ,but Smith Pelly got the big time power forward physical element ....Pac's first 85 NHL games i guess less than 30 points nothing lights out for sure....Pelly sitting at 129 games 40 pts i feel is on the verge of a Max Pac break out...

To have a top 6 forward in the top 25 in hits like Pelly
is big because the hits he's throwing are on the other teams TOP players...not the 3rd and 4 liners.......Montreal lacks this big time....and i do like Dale Weise

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I don't mind the trade but I don't think it solves the habs problems.

PAP isn't a top 6 forward for us. MB needs to acquire a legit 1st line RW.

Maybe something like this next year:(assuming no trades)

Pacioretty-Plekanec-RWer
McCarron/Sherbak/Hudon-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
DD-Eller-DSP
Prust-DLR-Weise

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I agree with this as well. Doesn't exactly help us score goals, which is a more pressing issue to us right now IMO.

Let's just hope that Bergevin finds a way to address this needs before the Trade Deadline.

I'm not confident going into the playoffs with Pacioretty being the only one capable of scoring goals.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto

yyyyyyyeah I think it's time I unfollow this guy. Advanced stats are important, sure, but they're not the be all and end all. If it was up to Berkshire and his ilk hockey teams would just cycle the puck all game long, avoiding contact, shots, or anything else.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
lol...and Crosby grew up a Habs fan....and Kadri did too....they both learned to hate Montreal..lol

Smith Pelly when he get's his first taste of Montreal Toronto rivalry..lol

What rivalry? Leafs have been irrelevant for decades.

Analyzer*

yyyyyyyeah I think it's time I unfollow this guy. Advanced stats are important, sure, but they're not the be all and end all. If it was up to Berkshire and his ilk hockey teams would just cycle the puck all game long, avoiding contact, shots, or anything else.

That guy is dummmmmmmmmmb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad