Value of: Jimmy Howard

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
not much value and also the red wings are going to die without him in net and build a big time losing culture and get stuck similar to arizona and buffalo have been for a while

theres a reason they kept green, they need him to make sure the kids dont play on a team with absolutely no help

Reactions: DaveG and 780il

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I thought he was for sure good if to be headed to the isles but it seems unlikely now with them signing Lehner.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Are the Wings looking at re-signing him? If so, I bet a " Holland special" of 5 million or more per year is awarded.
He might get a short-term extension. Wings goalie prospects are several years out still. Wouldn't be 5 million though, probably around 3 mil like Bernier.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think there isn't a market right now, but wait for the mid-season and injury for some starter in contender... somebody will buy him at the deadline with 50% retention.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
He's not going anywhere. Still awhile before our prospects are ready to step up and we need someone to tandem with Bernier.

Will probably get a short extension after next season.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
He's not going anywhere. Still awhile before our prospects are ready to step up and we need someone to tandem with Bernier.

Will probably get a short extension after next season.

...And I will hug a toilet and wait to see my shoes come out my mouth.

Sign a back-up, let Bernier take the #1.

Last edited:
Reactions: jkutswings

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
If he's traded, it won't be for much. Best case scenario IMO would be a 3rd from a playoff bound team with us also very likely having to retain a good chunk of his salary. Also a good chance of us having to take back the other teams original backup as well.

I really doubt Howard would be extended by that team, too. Really can't see any playoff team viewing him anymore than a pure rental.

Last edited:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
He might get a short-term extension. Wings goalie prospects are several years out still. Wouldn't be 5 million though, probably around 3 mil like Bernier.

This, and I actually don't think we have any future starters in our prospect pool. None of them seem very exciting to me!

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Once a goalie on a playoff team gets injured that is when Detroit should deal him. He had a decent rebound last year did he not?

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I've following red wings more than 20 years . He is the best goaltender I ever seen . He is not going anywhere

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I've following red wings more than 20 years . He is the best goaltender I ever seen . He is not going anywhere

333.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad