Player Discussion Jimmy Hayes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
He needs to be on a line with Bergeron to be effective.

Bergeron's line is an offensive-zone board possession line and that is the only context in which I can see Hayes being successful.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Guy is rubbish and has been all along. Glorified 4th liner being used on our third line. ****ing disgraceful the team they're icing this year, and Hayes is a prime example of how flawed their plan is. You say you want to get faster, more skilled, and quick strike counter attacks, and you bring in Connolly, Beleskey, and Hayes? How does that fit into any of the previously mentioned skills? Hayes is slow as ****, doesn't use his size to his advantage, and is a finesse player despite having no offensive upside. Disgrace.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
hes from dorchester though and is boston strong that doesn't show up on the scoreboard

oOwlCat

FL > TN
Jun 24, 2010
Nashville, TN
I've never understood why he doesn't try to use his body to separate people from pucks. Very frustrating to watch his frame being wasted.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I've never understood why he doesn't try to use his body to separate people from pucks. Very frustrating to watch his frame being wasted.

I don't remember him making a single hit with the Panthers. Kristian Kudroc or forwards

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I literally have not noticed him at all. Heard his name once or twice when he cleared the puck into the neutral zone.

Smith didn't do much of anything but at least he let you know he was in attendance once or twice a game.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I literally have not noticed him at all. Heard his name once or twice when he cleared the puck into the neutral zone.

Smith didn't do much of anything but at least he let you know he was in attendance once or twice a game.
Reilly Smith sighting" how i miss typing that right now haha

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I feel that I've seen flashes of good stuff from him. The problem is, he isn't being used correctly, or being put into a position to succeed.

He got most of his goals last year by mucking in front of the net. Yet he is playing with a skating, North/South, play-making line. Bad fit.

I do think he is faster than he seems, and has decent overall ability. He needs to work on his shot, though.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Guy is rubbish and has been all along. Glorified 4th liner being used on our third line. ****ing disgraceful the team they're icing this year, and Hayes is a prime example of how flawed their plan is. You say you want to get faster, more skilled, and quick strike counter attacks, and you bring in Connolly, Beleskey, and Hayes? How does that fit into any of the previously mentioned skills? Hayes is slow as ****, doesn't use his size to his advantage, and is a finesse player despite having no offensive upside. Disgrace.

I liked the way Connolly played today .

TimThomas24

Jun 13, 2013
Reminds me of Blake Wheeler when Blake Wheeler sucked. That is not a compliment either hopefully he can turn it around because he's the worst kind of player IMO..big & soft. Figure it out squid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad