Jimmy Hayes

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Quietly has 9 pts in 12 games. Do you guys think he can sustain this pace or is it just a reflection of playing with JJ and VT?

He seems to have a knack of being in the right place at the right time around the net. I think he could turn out to be a pretty solid 3rd line winger in the 30-40 pts per year range. His skating will probably limit him in terms of his upside, but a useful player nonetheless.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Quietly has 9 pts in 12 games. Do you guys think he can sustain this pace or is it just a reflection of playing with JJ and VT?

He seems to have a knack of being in the right place at the right time around the net. I think he could turn out to be a pretty solid 3rd line winger in the 30-40 pts per year range. His skating will probably limit him in terms of his upside, but a useful player nonetheless.

I never understood the negative comments he gets about his skating. IMO he skates fast for his size as we've seen him many times get past opposing easy. His skating might look funny but it doesn't mean he's not quick

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
I never understood the negative comments he gets about his skating. IMO he skates fast for his size as we've seen him many times get past opposing easy. His skating might look funny but it doesn't mean he's not quick

Last season he could generate speed but was about as an awkward a stride as Worrel on the ice see:

[NHL]2013020427-647-h[/NHL]

This year however he is a much better skater, looked far more composed and faster.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
He might not keep this pace this year but he is still pretty young.
I won't be suprised if he becomes a pretty consistent 20 goal player

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Watch him become our 70+ point guy :laugh:

I think he's going to be one of the more versatile players in this roster in a way that he can be put on any line and he's able to bring it. He ain't gonna 70pt guy but 45-55pts, I'd reckon.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
I think he's going to be one of the more versatile players in this roster in a way that he can be put on any line and he's able to bring it. He ain't gonna 70pt guy but 45-55pts, I'd reckon.

Yeah he's evolving to be an ideal "3rd wheel" on a line, he crashing the net, making screens and going after rebounds.

CoolburnIsGone

Funny thing is he had a similar stretch last season with different linemates. So yeah I think he can sustain some of the scoring (maybe not at this exact pace).

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Yeah I think he'll be a solid 30-40 pt. guy, I like him a hell of a lot more than Versteeg. His size and willingness to play in traffic really helps us.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Last season he could generate speed but was about as an awkward a stride as Worrel on the ice see:

[NHL]2013020427-647-h[/NHL]

This year however he is a much better skater, looked far more composed and faster.

He has definitely improved his skating, once he gets going he's fine. His first step and turns are pretty brutal still though :D

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
He's doing great. Could see him hitting 20 goals. Would like to see him more on the PP.

He's a RFA so how much do you reckon his next contract will be?

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
He's been a great asset so far this season with his skill in front of the opposition net. I've become a big fan of his and hopes he can stay here long-term. 20+ goals from a bottom 6 guy is absolutely something we're not used to seeing.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
He's been a great asset so far this season with his skill in front of the opposition net. I've become a big fan of his and hopes he can stay here long-term. 20+ goals from a bottom 6 guy is absolutely something we're not used to seeing.

Two threads in a row I might as well not bother thinking of a post cuz of you.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
teddy-kgb-pay-that-man-his-money1.jpg

I'd like 3 years, just undecided on his value $ wise. Thoughts?

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
teddy-kgb-pay-that-man-his-money1.jpg

I'd like 3 years, just undecided on his value $ wise. Thoughts?

hmm lets do some math.. a goal is worth about 2.25 million.. so.. 15x2.25..... 33.75 million per year for 10 years please. Send away Campbell, Bolland, and Jokinen so that hayes' money can fit under our cap (also get rid of Hubs, Barkov, Pirri before they demand big bucks).

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
hmm lets do some math.. a goal is worth about 2.25 million.. so.. 15x2.25..... 33.75 million per year for 10 years please. Send away Campbell, Bolland, and Jokinen so that hayes' money can fit under our cap (also get rid of Hubs, Barkov, Pirri before they demand big bucks).

you forgot the most important attributes

drafted by DT? +2m and career GMDT:er - since DT eventually will get fired like all GMs, hayes, etc will follow
is he big? +2m
does he have #character? we're not sure, so lets throw +1m there

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Jimmy was actually drafted by Toronto originally and traded to Chicago in 2010.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
the only weakness in his game is his hands now that his skating has improved. he's like the total opposite of huberdeau and vice versa.
huberdeau + hayes = bjugstad kinda :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad